5. The Other Woman

NINETEEN SEVENTY NINE

Michael

"Michael, what happened to your face!?" Abhaya shrieked as I took my zero black tinted shades from around my fatigued eyes.

I had a few scratches on the side of my left cheek.
The right side of my eye had a purplish undertone
as if I had been punched. Sighing, I walked towards Abhaya's bed before plopping down. I was hesitant about visiting Abhaya because my face was currently looking terrible and I knew she would ask me a plethora of questions.

However, I had to keep my word about seeing
Abhaya because I didn't want her to think I avoided her after we shared our second kiss yesterday night.

"Do you have any makeup? I need these bruises covered." I asked, purposely ignoring her question.

"So you're not gonna tell how you got these bruises?" She questioned, arms folded around her chest as her facial expression dropped into slight annoyance.

"It's not important," I stated blandly.

Abhaya seemed a bit perplexed at my response.

"I'll be right back, Michael," Abhaya announced
before walking out of her room.

Through my peripheral vision, I could see where
three scratches were horizontally stretched against the side of my face like stripes on that god-awful American flag. I stood back up from the bed and walked directly in front of the mirror.

My head lowered down as I leaned my palms against the vanity; I couldn't help but grimace at my reflection.

I looked horrible, all thanks to a certain someone.

The opening and closing of the door caused me
to look over my shoulder to see Abahaya with some sort of sponge and a small bottle of foundation that seemed to match the tone of my skin complexion.