||Page 4 of diary||

June 9, 2019.

Exploring Life's Possibilities

The sea is a metaphor for our inner desires that are stirred when we reach life's crossroads. Like the sea, the future possibilities are both intriguing and daunting. Our desires can taunt us to plunge into life and let it take us where it will. Yet, fear also cautions us about the risks and dangers of failure. The real shame isn't failing but in never trying and making new discoveries that enrich us. One day, we'll either wonder what might have been or be glad we explored new possibilities.

By Belinda Stotler

"Wow mom look at that!" exclaimed an 8 year old brunette.

The boy pointed at the penguin that waddled to the edge of the iceberg with a small fish in its mouth. He was dumbfounded by the penguin because he then told to his mom that it reminded him of the ugly penguin in the movie, 'Happy Feet'.

He had this little blue notepad in his hand that he had gotten as a gift from his mother a while ago. It was his birthday and he was so happy. I watched them paid a photographer to take their mom and son picture.

Quick as a bat, the boy grabbed the printed picture to securely place it between the pages in his notepad. He explained that he would glue it in as soon as he reached home.

On the other hand, the penguin that the boy mentioned before made a splash into the cold water to grab more food. Little water droplets flung into the air then dropped back to the surface blending into the rest of the massive. It was enclosed in this clear glass that separated the crowd of humans from all the other sea creatures in the aquarium.

Dear diary,
I had always admired marine life. I pictured them to live the best considering the lack of worrying about the attention. They just carried on like no one was watching them. They muted every gossip and no malice formed between them.

I ponder if they knew their beauty and tempted not to rely on others to tell them. I asked myself from time to time, 'What would it be like to live in the ocean?'

The ocean was deep and dark. It was prevalent covering about three quarters of the earth. The quarter I stayed on now was nothing compared to the ocean's stillness and majesty.

Dallvin Aquarium of Sea Creatures was the only place in this town that I enjoyed. I would stay their for hours dreaming about the life of sea creatures. Even when the doors were closed and everyone left, I snuggled and straddled in the middle of the walkways.

The lights were always out at night but I still glared across knowing that the live mammals were on the other side. I would envision the relish of seawater and lend an ear to the sound of the whales telling me to come to them. It was like they were telling me to set them free and to live in the ocean with them where annoying humans were unnoticeable.

I cooned this song that had snickered my mind for a long time. Whenever I felt sad I would always hum these words:

🎵 You don't even know who I am
You left me a long time ago
You don't even know who I am
So what do you care if I go? 🎵

"You don't even know who I am" by Patty Loveless

*********

Whenever you're stressed and tired of this world, it's best for some people to be alone to themselves...To be far away from distractions, arguments, lies and demands. Life can get bumpy sometimes.

People hardy talk about caring for the mind but it's a topic that needs to be touched. Mind can make you do crazy things. Mind can make you suffer.

It's a frustrating world. Sometimes you just want to cry and later you realize that there was no valid reason behind the tear. Laying in bed, you will sometimes contemplate whether you should just give up on life and die or live a sad and abusive life.

You need to hold on a bit. Be strong. Do something that will ease the pain and take calm breaths.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N okay now for the next chapters, I promise you that they will be better and everything will tie in 🤗
.
.