chapter seven: blood type

~~~~~TOOTHLESS'S P.O.V.~~~~~

They put Hiccup back in the cage with me. I sniffed the back of his head, growled and charged at the person at the door. He closed it just in time. I went back over to Hiccup to clean his wound. I laid down next to him and licked the back of his head clean. I looked at him. Something in his blood tasted funny. I've cleaned his wounds before, something was wrong with it. I licked it a little more than glanced at his head. His blood was dark red with black and purple and a little bit of clear mixed in. I whined, this could be bad. I smelt it and it smelt like something very specific. Something I had smelt many times before. Something I had alot of. Just then, three people walked in. One was the not-completely-organic one, another was new but the female was short and had grey hair and a staff. The last one was the one-who-harmed-Hiccup one. I growled at him but they walked closer anyways. Growling more intensely, I stood up. Not caring about the other two as I looked over the one.

"Maybe you should stay back" said not-completely-organic.

"But that is supposed to be my son" argues one-who-harms-Hiccup. At this I growled. If he was your family, you wouldn't hurt him. I thought, moving over Hiccup in a protective position. I singled him out. He sighed.

"Fine I'll stay back"

I snorted in satisfaction. Then suddenly a muzzle and heavy wooden collar landed on me. I let them lead me over to the side. As long as I was close to Hiccup I didn't care, if anything happened to him though, I would snap this thing like a twig. The lady went over to Hiccup and started checking things. She then took her staff and started writing something in the ground.

"Ah, haaaa." Said not-completely-organic. "I see"

"What is it?" I growled again as one-who-harms-Hiccup spoke.

"She says that he has suffered memory loss" he read what she wrote. "She also says that it most likely is permanent."

"Well what do we do"

"For now, nothing. All we can do is make him feel comfortable and show him we're not enemies."

"How do you be nice to a dragon? And this doesn't explain why he acts like one."

"She says be nice to him like you would another Viking. Oh, and she said that the other dragon probably raised him." He added.

Then one-who-harms-Hiccup walked out. Not-completely-organic came and let me off the hook I was half hanging on. I went over to Hiccup and laid down next to him. I slowly closed my eyes.