chapter five: not dead then dead again

~~~~~ASTRID'S P.O.V.~~~~~

The dragon stabbed at Rufffnut, who had come to pull me out, once she did, she checked my heartbeat and let out a sigh of relief when she heard a steady thump coming from me. Suddenly the dragon swung its tail again, but this time four more of the chains broke and it hit the ground, hard. We all held our breaths, even the other dragon did. Suddenly the night fury started thrashing and roaring in pain and anguish. So we slowly walked over to it to get a closer look at it.

"Its scales are exactly like a night fury's." Stated Fishlegs,"and its claws an horns are like a snaptrapper's. It had teeth as harder than anything I have ever seen" he continued, gathering up the courage to look in its mouth."...but it doesn't have a tongue..... wait, huh?"

"What is it?" I asked.

"There's something back there, it looks like a second mouth." He felt down its neck, flinching every time the dragon behind him thrashed or growled. He suddenly stopped feeling, eyes wide and mouth wide open.

"What is it?" I asked, unsure if I wanted to here the answer or not.

He suddenly turned his hand around, holding onto a ridge that wasn't there before. He looked at us once before he started to pull off its head.

"Oh, Thor! What are yo-" he then quickly pulled it completely off, cutting me short. As then I saw not a dragon, but a man in a suit, a 21 year old behind a mask. Gobber gasped, I looked closer to find out why. It couldn't be, could it, it was! There laying before me was a more muscular, more handsome, 21 year old Hiccup.

~~~~~HICCUP'S P.O.V.~~~~~

I suddenly jolted awake, still laying where I fell. I had a huge pain in my head but a bigger one in my leg. I looked down to see a quarter of it gone and a sharp toothy thing around it. It wasn't clean cut of though. No, that would have hurt less. It was still hanging on by some muscle. I almost screeched again as a new wave of pain overcame me but then remembered what happened and clamped my mouth shut. Then I realized something, I wasn't wearing my headtop! I looked around and saw it at arms reach. I put it back on. Looking at my family, I decided how to get him out, then I pounced at the metal containment unit, and bit right through it. My family hopped down and we ran to the edge of the meadow and were almost in the woods when a twig snapped. I turned to see the people again but this time with more containment units and a bid piece if tree. (A club) I hissed at them then ran off, with my only family at my side. Suddenly I tripped on a wire and fell snout first onto the ground, I tried to stand up but then was crushed back to the ground by heavy weights. And the way my snout was crushed under me, I couldn't turn to bite it. I snarled and struggled until I realized that it was doing nothing and I just stayed still. My family then stood over top of me and growled at them, then looked at the female with the metal piece on her head and growled more intensely. They rushed him, taking him on from different angles until a a long piece with rock on either end (bola) hit the back of his head. I roared in fury, struggling again as I saw him go limp. They came up to me and I growled softly, warning them.

"Hiccup, it's okay, we know it's you"

They said something that I didn't understand. I decided that if I made it look like I had calmed down they would let me out. It worked. They thought I calmed down and slowly and carefully took the thing off me, one reached toward my head, I bit at his finger-paw.

"What the!"

He recoiled and yelled something. Then I pounced. I first hit the one with black on his head. I quickly snapped at him and he responded by hitting me across the head. I growled at him.

"Oh, no."

I hit him across the head really hard twice until he went limp. These things have protection on they're heads! I looked for one that didn't. My eyes landed on the female, and I charged her. From instinct she swung her axe at me, then realized who she was going to hit and tried to stop it. But the axe had momentum. It flew out of her hands and landed hitting my chest..... and it went right through my scales and skin, and cut strait into my chest. I flew in the opposite direction that I had ben jumping in. Landing on my back and the rest of my leg coming off in the process. I screeched but then my screech cut off as blood bubbled up my throat. I started convulsing and choking, all the while making the blade go deeper. I felt the light start to fade from my eyes........................... NO. This wasn't it. I had my family to live for, what would they do to him? I felt myself get weaker and I stopped convulsing and just lay there. Still, it felt good to not move anymore, just thinking about random flashes of my short life. I think I'll just close my eyes for a second.... just a second....just a second.......................

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Did I make you cry? I was personally crying while writing it.

Anyways there are a lot of things I haven't clarified, so here.

Hiccup does not remember ANYTHING except Toothless and how to eat.

He doesn't remember his or toothlesses name. That's why he calls him family.

Toothless still remembers everything.

Toothless absolutely despises Astrid.

Astrid is the only one of the gang besides Hiccup that Toothless knows.

Hiccup cannot put his wings away. But they're still like the ones in httyd2

The reason Hiccup walks on all four is that that's how he was taught to walk.

Dragons don't have their own language.

How Hiccup gets in the air is that there is hot pockets of air all around the island. That's how he gets up.

.....Hiccup is about to die.