Battle Strategy

Edited 4/6/20

Hiccup, Heather, and Dagur returned to Berk and began planning what to do about the dragon hunters. Toothless, Melody, Dagur and Heather all helped out, the group crowding around the circular wooden table Stoick gifted them in the Great Hall. The five of them were anything but inconspicuous therefore attracted a lot of unwanted attention from the Berkians.

The main people it attracted were the group of teens, now adults, Hiccup knew as a young lad. Hiccup would often catch the group glancing over at them, but they immediately averted gazes once they realized they had been caught. Thankfully Hiccup didn't find this annoying. If anything he found it somewhat amusing, to see the people who used to bully him finally interested in something he did.

Hiccup hardly realized he had been staring until her saw a silver tail wave in front of his face. He glanced over to see Melody looking at him with her questioning blue gaze and her head tilted to the side.

"You good Hicvup? You seemed a bit distracted," she asked, though the noise sounded like clicks to everyone else.

Hiccup chuckled nervously before answering with his own clicks.

"Yeah, just nervous I guess. It's been so long since I was last here."
Melody smiled softly before slinking over to Toothless, Shattermaster, and Windshear and curling up with them near the warm hearth.

Hiccup stared at them for a bit before turning back to look down at the map.

"Alright, so what we've gathered is that dragon hunters are trapping and driving out dragons before selling them for Thor knows what. All the dragons on Berk had escaped the dragon hunters and are looking for refuge, but the hunters are bound to find them here. So what do we do?" Hiccup rambled.

"How about we evacuate the dragons from here and take them to your island. After all, it's definitely big enough to hold them all," Heather said, pointing at the large, far off island Hiccup had called home for six years.

"Sounds good, sounds good. But, uh, how are we going to evacuate hundreds of dragons when the dragon hunters can just follow us. We'll need a distraction," Dagur pointed out.

"You're right. How about Toothless, Melody and I all stay behind to hold off the hunters while you two lead the dragons away," offered Hiccup.

"Hiccup no. We can't just abandon you like that," said Heather.

"Heather's right brother. We will not leave you behind, Berserkers' honor," added Dagur.

"You won't be abandoning me. I'll have Toothless and Melody. Besides, this is the only plan we've managed to come up with. We have to give it a shot," Hiccup said, staring at the two siblings.

Heather sighed in defeat, loose strands of her raven black hair falling in her face. Dagur placed a hand on his sister's shoulder and looked up at Hiccup. Suddenly his green eye lit up with an idea.

"Hiccup, we should ask Stoick for support. Berk could probably fight along side you and you'll have a better chance of surviving the battle," the Berserker Chief said.

Hiccup raised and eyebrow and smirked.

"What, you don't think I'll survive the battle?" Hiccup asked as he crossed his arms.

Dagur laughed and Heather giggled, Hiccup joining in their laughter as they thought of the countless times Hiccup and Toothless survived battles with their only aid being Melody. The female dragon was often the one to watch their backs in a fight and, on numerous occasions, had to rescue Hiccup and Toothless from enemies. Because of this Melody is a very smart dragon, good at battle tactics, strategy, and stealth.

"Alright, we'll ask Stoick tomorrow, but for now, let's get some rest," Hiccup said, rolling up the map and walking over to the sleeping dragons.

He sat down on the stone floor and rested his back against Toothless, the black dragon shifting his wing to rap itself around Hiccup like a warm cocoon. Melody then curled her long silver tail around the pair and they all fell asleep in each other' embrace.

Happy New Year from me