Dragon Conversation

Edited 4/6/20

Hiccup soared over the tree tops, Melody gliding off to his right and Heather and Dagur gliding to his left.

"Now remember we're just scouting the location. We don't want to aggravate the dragons if we can help it," Hiccup said as Toothless coasted to the tree canopy.

"We know Hiccup. We'll be safe, I promise," called Heather.

Hiccup chuckled before turning his attention to the forest around him. As the other had stated there were tons of dragons in the forest, hiding themselves as much as they can in the underbrush or trees. The group landed in a small clearing where Hiccup took off his helmet to find almost an entire colony of dragon in the forest, of several different species. Mainly the basics, Deadly Nadder, Zipplebacks, Gronkles, Terrible Terrors, and Monstrous Nightmares. Yet there were some other, more rare, dragons like Typhoomerangs, Changewings, Smothering Smokebreaths, and Timberjacks.

"Wow you guys weren't lying about the amount of dragons here," said Hiccup as he observed all the winged reptiles.

"I know and it seems more are coming every day," said Dagur.

Hiccup nodded and was just about to take a closer look when he heard a roar from behind them. They all spun around to find a Rumblehorn glaring at them, his eyes narrow. He snored fiercely and scraped his foot on the dirt floor preparing to charge.
The Rumblehorn roared and surged forward, his heavy steps pounding the ground as he thundered towards them.

Heather and Dagur immediately leaped onto Windshear and Shattermaster and took flight to the sky above. Meanwhile Hiccup stood still and watched as the dragon approached him, Toothless and Melody stood at his sides, ready to protect their friend if necessary.

"Hiccup get out of there!" Heather yelled.

Hiccup didn't move a muscle.

"Fly brother fly!" shouted Dagur.

The Rumblehorn was nearly on top of them, but instead of plowing the three over he skidded to a halt and looked down on them with intense eyes. Hiccup matched the dragon's stare and  slowly held out his hand above the dragon's line of vision. The Rumblehorn sniffed the air then calmly placed his snout in Hiccup's palm.

"That's better isn't it. Now how about you tell me what's with all the dragons here," Hiccup said.

"The Dragon Hunters. They chased us from our homes and captured those who couldn't escape. This is the safest place we've found but we're almost certain they'll come here," the dragon explained.

"I see. What's your name?" Hiccup asked.

"I've been calling myself Skullcrusher for many years now," he said, flapping his wings a bit.

"Well Skullcrusher I don't know if you've heard of me but I'm known as The Dragon Master. I would like to help you and these other dragons," said Hiccup.

Skullcrusher snorted in surprise and bowed his head in respect.

"I have indeed heard of you. What will you do to aid us?" the powerful dragon asked.

"I haven't yet figured that out, but I will soon. You can hold me to that Skullcrusher," said the twenty-one year old Viking.

"Hiccup dusk is coming. We need to get back to Berk like we promised," said Toothless.

Hiccup quickly bid his goodbye to the Rumblehorn and mounted Toothless. They took flight into the sky where they met up with Heather and Dagur.

"Hiccup what in Thor's name were you doing!" Heather demanded.

Hiccup jumped a bit at the angry Vikingess but just grinned at her.

"I was having a conversation," he answered.

Heather looked at him with a 'I'm not taking this yak dung' face. Dagur could barely keep a straight face as he tried to contain his laughter at his sister's anger. Even the dragons were giggling at the situation.

"So Hiccup, did you get any information from the dragon?" Heather asked after calming herself down.

"Yeah, I'll tell you about it later, but we need to get back to the village before we raise suspicion," Hiccup said, steering Toothless back to the town, the others in tow as they glided through the setting sun's last light.