✦ cнapтer 2 ✦

A/N: Just wanted to say thanks to the person that voted on this story. Also, sorry that this chapter is so short.

----------------------------------------------

Out of all the things that I could have noticed when I got in the room, I had to notice his figure laying on the bed, fast asleep on the bed closest to the window. He laid comfortably on his side with his knees pulled up to his chest and his breathing even.

I couldn't say the same for my breathing though...

Once I turned the lock on the door with a click, a soft groan and the rustle of bed sheets shook me from my thoughts. I slowly turned to see a pale male figure getting up from the spot on the bed. A dingy blue blanket slid from down his neck to the small of his back as he sat up. His midnight black hair flowed down his shoulders like a blackened waterfall. It took him a minute to rub his covered eyes and clear his face of long hair before he finally turned towards me and stretched. The blanket slipped to the top of his hips and rested there comfortably. His eyes opened, showing of the clearest deep blue eyes that I've ever seen, and a small smirk played at his lips.

"You know if you wanted to join me, all you had to do was strip down and start cuddling."

I could feel my eye twitch in mild annoyance, and arousal, at his proposition. The cloth of my fingerless glove was bound to tear soon if I kept digging my nails into it, but I couldn't care less. At the moment, my body was torn between smacking some sense into him and just leaving him be to avoid a confrontation. He was already shirtless and I didn't need him to be any closer to me than he already was.

"No thanks," I gathered up enough strength to take a few steps forward to sit on the other bed. "My mom always told me to never lie down with dogs."

"Woof woof, bitch." His smirk only grew further as he got up from the bed and went into the single bathroom.

A pang of sadness ran through my chest when I mentioned my mother, but it disappeared as quickly as it came. My mother was always a touchy subject so knowing that my family hardly talked to her or about her made the stinging worse than what it should have been. I immediately cursed myself for bringing up my mother as I laid my head against the pillow on my bed and closed my eyes.

I couldn't go to sleep because I heard him getting dressed behind me and dirty thought raced through my head at the same time. I didn't want to get up and tell him to go somewhere else and do that, I'm not a rude person. Biting my lip quietly, I closed my eyes once more to try an get some more sleep. At the same time I closed my eyes, I heard the jingle of keys and the room to the door open and close.

The room was finally filled with a blissful silence and I could successfully fall asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"...princess." a voice stopped my dream. "Hey princess, wake up."

A bright light shone as my eyes opened to just little slits. Using the arm that I wasn't laying on, I shielded my eyes from the bright light and blinked a few times until the person's face became clear.

At that moment, I wished that I was still asleep.

Blake's eyes shone brighter with the dorm lights on and his smirk had disappeared, replaced with frown. His long, raven black hair caressed the sides of his face, giving him a masculine look rather than feminine. I visibly flinched when I saw his finger reach towards my eye, but instead it poked my cheek which left me flustered and a bit annoyed with his childish nature.

"Do you mind dude?" I gave him the best threatening look that I possibly could but he didn't seem phased by my expression. "I was trying to sleep."

The same cocky smirk that I fucking hated returned to greet me again. "Well, I just wanted to tell you that dinner us ending in about an hour. I know bitches get angry when they don't eat."

As I was about to protest against his accusations, my stomach growled loud enough for the both of us to hear it. My cheeks burned with red, but with my complexion he couldn't see it, and I pushed myself off of the bed as his smirk only grew.

"Whatever," I mumbled quietly, grabbing my coat off of a chair and heading towards the door.

Once the door was closed and locked, I slid my back down against the wall and sat there for a few moments, taking calm deep breaths to stop the swelling feeling in my chest that bothered me immensely. I knew that I wanted to cry from the familiar burning eyes and lump-in-the-throat feeling, but I refused to let them go.

Images of my mother flashed in the back of my head. From the time I first learned to ride my bike, to the time I got my Sunday dress dirty, and to the time she was first admitted into rehab. She had changed from a sweet and innocent woman to one of the most wanted criminals in the country. At the time, I had no idea what murder, drugs or death penalty meant. As I got older, it finally dawned on me at what my mother had done. Aunt Brenda never talked about her, took me to her grave or showed me any pictures of what she looked like.

Warm salty tears rolled down my face and I brushed them away as quickly as they had come. Thankfully no one was in the hallway to see me in my current state. I pushed myself off of the ground and started my way towards the cafeteria with having no one to actually show me where it was or with anyone to sit with me.

Great.