Chapter 5: The Party

A/N: *blushes* Thank you for the reads. I really appreciate them. Updating might be a little bit slower because I think I'm getting sick. The person in the picture is Dallas. ^////^
---------------------------------------------------
All my life, I had never been too much of Kelly Clarkson fan. She was never the type of person that I would listen to if you were to look at me. Hearing her pop type music and then comparing it to the usual band that I listen to, most would be afraid to be around me and would cower for the nearest shelter to listen to Justin Bieber or One Direction. Frankly, it was actually quite funny.

Never did I actually think that I would be someone who was standing in the middle of an abandoned skate rink, watching couple after couple grind against each other to the beat of Heartbeat Song and smiling halfheartedly at their partner. Drinks were spilled against both people and the concrete of the skate park. I could easily tell from the way that people swayed against each other, most were either drunk or high past cloud 9 and they didn't want to stop anytime soon until they had crashed and burned. Hard.

I stood awkwardly around a small shrub, next to a mini half pipe, watching people dance and even watching a few skaters mess around in the large park. I had to admit, some of them were quite attractive, although most of them seemed to be in a relationship already, but I still had to keep my head out of the clouds.

That's where the stoners were supposed to be.

"Hey Naomi," a familiar voice shook me from the trance of All About That Bass. "I never actually thought that you would come around."

I silently turned and saw the same familiar mass of wild black and red hair. A smirk reached the corners of my mouth as my suspicion was confirmed to be the familiar boy that I had met earlier in the week. His hair looked as if he had attempted to do something with it but had ultimately failed in the end. He held a light green drink in his hand and a dark red one out to me, which I eventually accepted and sipped. It tasted bitter, but the taste was replace with sweetness once the bitter faded. It actually wasn't half bad.

"So," Dallas eyed me carefully. "Did you come here by yourself? Maybe with your sister? Roommate?"

"No, no," I sarcastically counted on my fingers. "And yes. I did come here with my roommate. He's probably grinding on some dumb blond slut."

I turned around to scan the huge crowd of people in the park and sure enough, Blake was surrounded by three girls, dressed as if they belonged to some sort of strip club. Nevertheless, he didn't seem to mind.

I turned back to Dallas. "Told you."

"That's Blake for ya',"A husky laugh escaped his lips as he downed his drink with ease. "He has a thing for those types of girls."

"What," I glared at the drink. "Blond, slutty girls?"

I couldn't tell if I was actually angry at Blake or if I was just irritated. Dallas looked at me curiously, then at the drink in front of me, then back at me again.

"Not that," he smiled. "He likes girls that..aren't exactly normal."

"Not normal?" I asked as the song changed yet again. "What, like he likes girls that have more than two eyes or some shit like that?"

He shook his head and laughed again. "Nah, nothing like that. I mean the girls that aren't...what's the word?"

"Mainstream?" I finished his sentance and downed the bitter drink silently. "Actually, I can't understand that. He dated the most steryotypical, mainstream bitch just a few months ago."

"That's only because he had to."

"Huh?"

"Let me explain," he grabbed a cheese fry from the plate and ate it. "As you probably already know, the girl he dated was the principal's daughter."