Markiplier X Reader

Set in 2017
I put on a black hoodie and walk out the door putting in my earbuds and listening to markiplier most recent video, honestly terrifying error#54. I give a soft chuckle as he screams at what I'm presuming was a jump scare while I put my phone in my hoodies pocket. I walk out the front door and onto the sidewalk that circles around the city's streets. I let out a sigh of cold air as I look up in the sky to see little white pricks flying through New York's cold breeze. I frown thinking of the terrible memories today. Tears appear from the corners of my eyes. I put my head down and walk down into a random direction. The streets were empty as everyone was there in time square to start the new decade. I take a pack of cigarettes out from my back pocket and light one, putting the orange part of the paper in my mouth. I inhale and exhale while a cloud of smoke surrounds me while I continue my walk to who knows where. I bump into someone. "Oh I'm sorry." I mutter and turn around to see a man in a fluffy gray hoodie with black messy hair slightly swooped to the side. He turns around and gives me a slight smile. "It's alright." His deep voice answers. That voice sounds... familiar... "say...what's your name man?" (AlExAnder hAmiltOn) I mutter and make my whole body face the man. He does the same and answers "Mark, yours?" I gulp. He's the guy that I'm listening to right now. I throw the cigarette on the ground and stomp on it. "Why aren't you with the other millennials in time square?" I chuckle. He lets out a laugh. "I'm not one to celebrate the New Years. It's not my type of thing." I nod in agreement. "Same here." Silence overcomes us. It was awkward silence... definitely not comforting. "Well I'll see you around-" "do you mind if I get your phone number?" He interrupts a tint of faded blush spreading across his face. "Oh... sure." I respond and smile. I take out my phone and tell him the numbers. "Thank you. I'll call you later hopefully?" He says. I nod and say goodbye before... wait where am I going? I skidded to a stop and turned back. I look to my left and see an alleyway. Good at least I'm not that far. I walk into the alleyway and eventually make it back to my apartment before I get a buzz on my phone.

Unknown Number
Hey it's me Mark from earlier! 🙂
Read At 10:48 P.M

Y/N
Hey, Markiplier!
Error Message Not Sent

Y/N
Hi nice to see you mark.
Error Message Not Sent

I fiddle with my phone until I finally decide what to send.

Y/N
Hello.
.
.
.
.
Read At 10:53 P.M

I mentally facepalm myself. God that was such a bland greeting... I set my phone down cringing at my response until I pick it back up and name his contact.

Markimoo
Phew, good to hear at least I didn't get a random persons phone number.
Read At 10:57 P.M
Y/N
Haha that would be awkward. Atleast I still remember my own phone number.
Read At 10:59 P.M
I cover my eyes and blush and my stupidity. I hear a ding and I swallow hard slowly setting my hands down at his response.

Markimoo
Lool I have to go do something, perhaps we can meet up somewhere this week? I'm in New York for 5 weeks.
Read At 11:02 P.M

I smile and type 'I'm off on Friday, how about then?' He agrees as my eyes start to get droopy as I eventually fall asleep.

3 Years Later...
"God fucking dammit mark come back here!" I yell chasing after him around my apartment. "Nope you have to catch me~!" He giggles and turns a sharp corner. I try and take the turn but then accidentally hit the kitchen counter with my hip. I yell in pain and hold my side. "Fine you win." I groan and roll my eyes. He flops onto the couch backwards and looks at my phone. "Why are you so obsessed with my phone? You have your own now go fiddle with that one!" He turns his head and looks up at me with a smirk. "Because were roommates and I want to see the countdown!" He smiles and looks back at my phone. "I swear when I met you you said you didn't celebrate New Years." I frown. "Well this time it has an exception since it's a new decade." I sit down on the couch next to him. His eyes suddenly light up. "Ooo~" he says and clicks on something. I ignore it and turn on the tv to watch F/T/S (favorite television show). I look back down at him and see he's blushing madly. "Please don't tell me your looking up porn right now. My parents sometimes look at my search history, also if it is it better be actual good porn." I chuckle. He sets the phone down on his chest gently and gulps. "W-wow I didn't know you f-felt that way about m-me." He says his blush intensifying. "What?" I question grabbing the phone from him and looking at it." I look at it and... shit... I put my phone in my hoodie and quickly run into my room. "Y/N!" Mark calls out. I slam the door shut and lock it. Shit shit shit he wasn't supposed to know this now... this is a dream it has to be a dream, please please please tell me this is a dream please for the love of god this better be a dream. I shut my eyes close to try and stop the tears from flowing but it doesn't help. "Fuck..." I whisper my voice cracking. "Y/N please open the door..." mark says knocking on the door. I lean against the door and look at the time. 11:56... this is a great start to my decade, I ruin my relationship with my best friend that is literally my roommate. I'm such a mess god why is this happening to me... I put my hands in my hair and tug on it. Fuck fuck why... "Y/N!" Marks voice calls out. I hear a bang on the door. "Go away!" I squeak. I hear some shuffling and then door suddenly clicks open. I scramble to get up and I see mark standing in the doorway, his expression sad. "Y/N, I'm sorry I didn't mean to embarrass you..." he mumbles. I wipe my face. "N-no it's fine... you werent supposed to know, i understand if you don't want to be my friend anymore-" I suddenly get cut off by a pair of lips smash into mine. My breath gets caught in my throat as I see mark kissing me. Happy new year! I hear a distant crowd scream from time square. He pulls away and hugs me. "I feel the same way Y/N." Mark whispers in my ear. I smile as I hug him back, my hands going through his dark messy hair.

Happy 2020 or as known a new decade! Hope you all have a good year, 2019 was a shitty one for sure but let's hope that this year will be good *cough* and have an actual good YouTube rewind *cough* anyways happy new year everyone! I'll see you in a new chapter!