Pancakes or Waffles?

Start from the beginning

     With a cup of coffee in one hand and  what looked like one of those monthly science journals in the other, he looked delicious.

     "Tell me Mr. Stark," I teased as I walked up to him and touched his Arc Reactor with my pointer finger. "Do you always look ready for a photo shoot?"

     His Black Sabbath T-shirt hugged his biceps and upper body wonderfully and even his jeans and shoes looked designer. I didn't even want to know how much his wrist watch cost.

     "That is a wonderful question, of which I will answer as soon as you answer one of mine." He wrapped his arm that held the journal around my shoulders and began to lead me out of the med bay, and the lights automatically dimmed as soon as we left the room.

     "But I asked first." I fake pouted.

     "But I'm richer. Speaking of. Pancakes or waffles?"

     "What does that have to do with money?" I laughed as I looked up at him to see him smirking down at me with a glint in his eye as we came to the elevator and stepped in.

     He pushed a couple of buttons on the panel and then scanned his eye. As soon as we started to move, he repeated  himself. "It doesn't, but that's besides the point. Pancakes or waffles? Clint doesn't know which you would prefer, so he's making both for breakfast. I'm asking for future reference. As for your question." We stepped out of the elevator into the common room where all of the Avengers were sat around the buffet as Clint cooked breakfast. "Of course I always look ready for a photo shoot. Never know when your picture will be taken."

     He led me to a stool in between Natasha and Steve so with a happy "good morning." I took my seat. Natasha or Nat as she told me to call her last night nodded her head at me with a stiff but still there small smile, while Steve turned to me and gave me a beaming grin.

     "Morning Doll. How'd you sleep?"

     "I slept good, but we really need to lay down some boundaries with J.A.R.V.I.S. Can you have boundaries with an A.I?" I asked everyone at the table.

     "You know that is a good question. Tony have you heard of boundaries?" Nat asked him as she turned to him.

     "Wait . . .I . . . That's not what I. . ."

     "Nope never heard of them. Why Nat? Need something ordered your embarrassed to tell the hubby about?" Tony snarked as he shot me a wink.

     "Oh Tony, you know I'd have no other but you." Nat responded blandly before turning to me and rolling her eyes making me clap my hands over my mouth to keep my laughter in.

     "Sorry Widow, but I'm fortunately taken." Tony raised his coffee mug to me in a toast gesture and I blushed and turned to Steve.

     "Are they always like this?"

     "Only when they aren't trying to kill each other. So it's a good day." He winked.

     "What's this about boundaries now?" Clint said as he set a plate of pancakes and waffles down in the middle of the table and everyone started grabbing food.

      Wide eyed I could only watch as the food seemed to manifest and then disappear just as quickly as it had appeared in the first place. Thor had a HUGE stack of pancakes on his plate, and so did Steve while everyone else had a healthy portion of food on their plates as well. The gentle clanking of a plate being set down in front of me made me lean back, and into a hard body. When I looked up, I saw Tony.

     "You never answered my question so I got you a waffle, pancakes and bacon, because who doesn't love bacon." He put his hands on my shoulders and gave them a gentle squeeze before walking back to his seat.