33

Gazing into the mirror, Evelyn's emerald eyes shifted up to Amelia's reflection. She admired her once servant, now mother as she brushed back Evelyn's strawberry blonde hair. It had been a long time since Amelia had done her hair for an event Evelyn was to attend too. Too many events and too many hair styles had come and gone. However, this time was much different than the times past. This time, it had been for an event that Evelyn had actually wanted to attend too. It was her wedding. She smiled at the thought, still staring at Amelia. Flowers were now being tied into throughout the strawberry blonde locks from one temple and around to the other.

"This is going to look so beautiful, if I do say so myself." Amelia smiled proudly at her work before her. "You will look so beautiful." Evelyn noticed the wobble in Amelia's smile; a quiver of her bottom lip. "My little girl is all grown up...slipping through my fingers as each day goes by." A sniffle came, followed by a deep frown from Amelia.

"Oh, Amelia." Evelyn turned around, heart breaking at the sight of Amelia crying. She faced Amelia staring down at the ground, avoiding her stare. Tears poured down her flushed cheeks.

Reaching out, Evelyn held Amelia's hands, comfortingly squeezing them. "Don't...don't cry." It was her turn to grow tears in her eyes. Standing on her feet, she embraced her. She cradled her mother's head and back, digging her face against her shoulder. The sweet fragrance of Amelia's perfume filled Evelyn's nose. It was the signature smell of Amelia. It was the smell of home.

"Well it's kind of hard not to cry when I'm watching my daughter get married." Amelia sniffled, holding Evelyn so tight like she was scared to let go. Scared like if she let go, Evelyn would be gone. It occurred to Evelyn that Amelia didn't react like this when she was to marry Leo. Maybe Amelia knew that the wedding wasn't really going to happen. Now, by the way she was reacting, it made Evelyn's small wedding seem even more real to her. That feeling made her even more nervous than she already was.

Evelyn nuzzled the side of her face against Amelia's shoulder. "I know." She said softly, staring off into space. A thought popped in her head, causing an amused smile to work its way on to her lips. Lifting her head, she looked to Amelia. "Well looks like you're finally getting your wish." She shrugged. "Well I mean it's more of my wish but it's your wish too. You're getting to witness Will and I get married. I mean if it wasn't for you giving him a piece of your mind a while back then I don't we'd be here like this today." Her smile turned soft and sweet. "So really if it wasn't for you then this wouldn't be happening. I want to thank you."

Amelia looked to Evelyn, beginning to smile through her tears. "Oh." She gave Evelyn a big, motherly kiss on her cheek. "You don't need to thank me. I'd say it would have happened on its own but Will is a bit stupid at times. I love the boy but you know what I mean." Amelia threw her hands ups, pulling back from Evelyn.

Sitting down, Evelyn giggled. "Oh trust me. I know all too well of that." She spun around in her vanity seat, looking back into the mirror as Amelia began to add in the finishing touches to her hair.

"Isn't it strange?" Amelia asked, focusing back on the delicate flowers.

"Isn't what strange?" Evelyn questioned, unsure of what she was talking about.

"How different things would have been for us if Will hadn't shown up that day. You and Leo would be married and I'd still be a single, servant." Amelia's tears had dried by now and she wasn't sniffling anymore.

Evelyn sat there for a second, thinking about. She had thought about it before without a doubt. Life would have been different. She probably would have had children with Leo by now and living in her own house. Her friendship with Will wouldn't have existed anymore. She felt her expressionless face deepen at the next thought that entered her mind. "Margret would probably still be alive. Jack would have been dead. Pirates would have been killed off." Evelyn's gazed over the vanity desktop, staring at the wood. She felt hands freeze in her hair, slowly pulling away.

"I forgotten about your mother's death." Amelia admitted slowly, taking a step back.

"So have I for a moment." Evelyn admitted as well. Looking up, she met Amelia's stare in the mirror. She had considered Amelia to be her real mother for the longest time. Now that she was by marriage it just made it seem even more like her mother. It was a bit of a shock to Evelyn to see her father and Amelia be so close with each other after Margret left. Whipping her shoulders around, she looked to Amelia. "I'm still confused. When did you and papa become so closer? Have you always fancied him?" She questioned.

Amelia's cheeks grew pink. "O-oh have I not told you about this before?" She held her hands behind her back. Raising a brow at her actions, Evelyn gave the faintest smirk, shaking her head. Amelia smoothed out her skirt and sat down on the ground. "Well I've always found your father quite dashing and handsome. I didn't think he thought much of me and then he asked me for a drink after your mother left and-" Amelia broke out into girlish giggles, holding her fingers to her lips. "Turns out your father and I have a lot in common and they way he spoke about you made me fall in love with him even more. He really does love you, you know. He wished he'd been there more for you growing up. It's something he regrets most of all."

"Aww." It sadden Evelyn to hear that about her father but warmed her heart to hear about their love. "Well I'm happy you both are happy with each other. I haven't seen him glow this much like he has around you." Evelyn commented.

"He has, hasn't he?" Amelia grinned at the thought. She waved her hands. "Enough of your father and I. This is about you." She stood up, pulling Evelyn to her feet. "Let's finish getting you ready, yes?"

"Just as long as you don't make me wear another monstrous wedding gown." Evelyn grew nauseous at the thought of the gown her mother had made her worn.

"I think you'll like this one." Amelia grinned. She walked over to the closet as Evelyn stood by her vanity. She looked down at her blush pink robe, smoothing the fabric with her little hands. "Ta da!" Amelia's voice rang like singing.

Evelyn looked up from herself as stared at the gown. A gasp from from her as her hands reached up to cup her mouth. The dress was beautiful. It was pure white, long and flowy but short enough for her to easily walk in. The sheer sleeves were slightly puffy and tightened around the wrists. The neckline was dipped but didn't show much skin.

"It's perfect." Evelyn breathed out, eyes watery and smile bright.

Today has been such a hard day to write. I almost didn't do it to because I am so exhausted and just had no motivation to write or do anything today. Apologies for the short chapter. I was suppose to do the wedding scene but I could not get myself to do it. Then I thought of this scene and thought of Mamma Mia with the song "Slipping Through My Fingers." Its one of my favorite movies/musicals so I basically cried writing the first part of this scene.

Please please please let me know if you are wanting one more book. I really would like to know.

I hope you all have enjoyed your holidays and hope everyone has a happy new year's eve tomorrow!