19

Bootstrap stood perfectly still, his eyes hard on his captain--the man he just betrayed. A slight pout was firm on his lips as he held the bleeding heart with the dagger like sword plunged through it. Slowly, he moved his gaze to Will. Evelyn's stomach twisted as she watched Will slump down to sit on his tucked legs tucked. His face dropped, sign of defeat and devastation written across it. Will turned his face to look at Evelyn, breaking her heart even more at the sight of him. Evelyn offered him a sympathetic look before they all turn their gaze back to Jones.

Davy Jones stumbled back, nearing the railing of the Dutchman. His face turned up to look at the storm, mouth parting as he does so. "Calypso..." He breathed his final word before hitting hard against the railing. His body hit against it with so much force it caused him to flip over the railing, falling back over into the Maelstrom.

Evelyn panted, taken back from what happened before her. A quiet groan from below her caught her attention. She looked down at Leo, watching his face contort into confusion and pain. Slowly, he opened his eyes, blinking a few times until he could see clearer. Evelyn choked on a sob when she realized he was okay. Leo moved his eyes to look at her, he sat up instantly in a panic. "What happened? Why are you crying?"

Evelyn didn't realized she had been crying until he pointed it out. She blinked a few times, clearing her blurry eyes from the tears. Sniffling, she replied. "Will's father stabbed the heart." She turned her head to look at Bootstrap. "He saved us." Leo followed her gaze to look at Bootstrap.

Will's father let out a breath, dropping the items he had been holding. Jack stood beside him, unsure of what to say or do. He dropped his gaze down to the floor, staring at the only chance he had at immorality gone from him.

Evelyn stood up from her spot beside Leo and moved over to Will. He looked as if he was numb to the touch. She reached down to touch his shoulder as Bootstrap made his way to stand before his son.

Will turned his gaze up, staring at his father in disbelief. "Why...why would you do that? I...I made you a promise..." Evelyn dropped down to a squat, slowly taking his hands in hers. Will turned his head to look at her, water began to well in his eyes. Giving a sympathetic smile, Evelyn squeezed his hands and slowly pulled him to his feet.

"When I finally remembered who you both were, I knew I had to do something. I couldn't just let you throw away your life for me when you have the chance to start a family. Not when you have someone like her in your life." Bootstrap offered Evelyn a gentle smile. "The kind of love the two of you share comes every so often. I'm not worth losing it all." He offered his hand out to Evelyn. Her eyes began to water as she let go of Will's hands, placing her left hand in his. Bootstrap looked at her fingers. "I take it that I now have a daughter?" He smiled down at the ring then to his son and daughter-in-law.

Evelyn's eyes were red with tears. She nodded rapidly, smiling. "Yes, you do."

"Perfect." Bootstrap gave her hand a squeeze. He moved his eyes back to Will. "I'm proud of you, son. Thank you for all that you've done." His father reached out to grab his shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze.

"Father-" Will was cut off by multiple voices growing louder.

The crew of the Flying Dutchman began to start coming out from within the parts of the ship. "Part of the crew. Part of the ship..." Their words were becoming repetitive as they drew closer.

"Go, all of you before it's too late." A hint of panic was laced in Bootstrap's words. He looked at Will and embraced his son tightly. Will wrapped his arms around his father, squeezing his eyes shut until his father let go of him.

"Come quickly." Jack came beside Bootstrap.

Evelyn exchanged looks with Will and Leo before looking at her father-in-law. "Thank you." She breathed out, grabbing Will's hand. "For everything." Bootstrap gave her a nod in acknowledgement, a small pained smile on his face. "Let's go." She threw her words to Will and Leo. Leo took off while Will stood in his place.