11

Evelyn stood in the same spot, completely frozen as she moved her gaze from Leo to look back down at Sao Feng's still body. She swallowed a lump back in her dry throat, shaking slightly. Slowly, she lifted up her hand to look at necklace he had given her. She had a mission now. She had to get to Shipwreck Cove immediately.

"Evelyn, we need to go. They're taking the ship." Leo walked right up beside Evelyn. He placed a hand on her shoulder, gently turning her to face him. "It's going to be okay. It's not your fault." He offered his hand to her. "Now, I don't mean to rush you but the ship is being taken and we need to get moving."

Evelyn nodded, letting out a breath through her nose. "Who is?" She rose an eyebrow while tying the necklace around her neck. She pulled up the bottom of the robe, placing her other hand in his. Together, they began speed walking out of the room.

"Jones' men and some of the East India Trading Company." He breathed out, holding tightly on to Evelyn small hand. "Are you okay?" He added, tilting his head to look at her eyes.

Evelyn looked over her shoulder as Sao Feng's lifeless body one last time. "No, I'm not. He believed that I am Calypso, me! He believed that I'm this goddess. He tried to kiss me and then made me captain."

"He kissed you?" Leo choked on out, looking at her with such anger in his eyes. "What do you mean he kissed you?"

"I mean he came at me and kissed me but I scratched his face and it caused him to let go of me." Evelyn made a face, cringing at the memory. "I think he was even trying to seduce me but I'm not sure, I've never been seduced before." She added, moving a fallen strand of hair from her face.

"That is the last time I ever leave you alone with someone." Leo pointed at her. By the new tone in his voice, Evelyn could tell he was not going to debate about it. "Come on, we need to go help your crew." He reached out to grab her hand a pull her over to the staircase that spiraled up to the deck. Evelyn reached out pass a table to grab her sword and bag that held her original clothes in and followed Leo up the stairs.

Leo threw a look down at her, watching her tried to tie her sword around her waist. He extended his hand free hand to her. "Give me your bag, I'll hold it."

Evelyn handed it to him, watching him put the strap across his body. "Thank you." She called out, securing her sword around her waist.

Gunshots still fired as they walked through the doorway and out on to the opening of the ship.

Evelyn saw the man that had been down below deck with Leo was held by a soldier with his sword to his neck. Before Evelyn could even speak she too was grabbed and held with a sword to her throat. She glanced over her shoulder at Leo who was in the same position as her.

"You are not my captain." The pirate being held beside her spat in her direction.

Evelyn let out a scoff, rolling her eyes. "I didn't ask for this." She spat back to him.

"Evelyn." A voice spoke from down below on the deck.

Evelyn looked down over the soldier's arm to see who had spoke her name. Her eyes rested on James Norrington back in his powder wig and old uniform. Just the sight of him made her breath hitch her throat. The last time she saw him he had sacrificed himself to give them a chance to run from Jones' men only months ago. She had no idea that he had made it off that island or even gotten his position back as Commodore.

"James? James Norrington?" Evelyn exclaimed over the arm around her. She pushed the soldier's arm above her head and slipped underneath, hurrying over to the stairs that led down to the ships deck.

Disbelief was drawn on both of their face as they closed the distance between them.

Evelyn didn't understand why her heart was pounding against her chest as she walked right up to him. Their feet came to a halt as they stared at each other.