09

"It sounds like we've got company." Evelyn spoke low enough for only Leo to hear. Her boots clicked against the wooden floorboards. She stopped right in front of Leo, glancing at the open doorway then back to the man gripping the door handle.

"Do we ever get a break?" He asked, voice laced with sarcasm. He opened the cabin door wide enough for Evelyn to pass by him.

"With this crew? Never." She copied his tone, slipping through the doorway. Once she was out in the opening, Evelyn was instantly grabbed from the side and pulled up against the chest of a man. Looking in front of her, she saw one Captain Sao Feng's men reaching into her cabin room to grab Leo. "Leo!" She called out to warn him as she struggled against the her captor's grip. He locked his arms with hers, pinning down her biceps to her sides. She gave her captor a nasty look out of the corner of her eye. Instantly, she realized it was one of the Singapore crew men that had joined their crew. She looked back at Leo being held like how she was but with a gun pointed under his chin.

"What is the meaning of this?" Leo furrowed his eyebrows, arching his head back. He stared at the gun, gritting his teeth.

"Move!" The man holding Evelyn shouted to them.

Even if it was against her better judgement, she began walking in the direction he pointed her in. Moving out from the shadows and into the sunlight, they moved out to the ships deck where men crowded the entire area. Majority of them were from Singapore. In the mix of them all her crew. Each of them were being held captive by a person or two in the middle of the deck.

Confusion swirled in Evelyn's mind.  She looked around at everyone around her, eyes widening. Her eyes hopped from Tia Dalma to Mr. Gibbs and so on. Her feet momentarily came to a halt as she panted, feeling a little overwhelmed by all the bodies around her. Casting her eyes to the side of the deck, she noticed a new ship docked right beside the Pearl.

It was Captain Sao Feng's ship.

"Move!" The pirate shouted to her again, shoving her forward. Evelyn continued walking through the pirate crowd, unsure of where she was going. Casting looks side to side, she met one face and another. Instantly she was pulled back to stop, right beside Leo and Mr.Gibbs. Glancing looks in between them, she could tell no one knew what was going on either.

Throughout all of the Captain Sao Feng's men cheering and yelling, footsteps came directly in front of Evelyn causing her to turn her head and look forward. Evelyn let out a quiet swear as the man walking right up to her came to a gentle stop.

It was Captain Sao Feng himself.

"Miss. Adams...we meet again." His mouth turned up into a smirk.

"Captain Sao Feng." Evelyn glared at the man. "I'd say it's a pleasure but," she glanced down for a moment at her arms being held back at her sides, "given the circumstance, I'd say otherwise." She flicked an eyebrow up then down, raising her chin slightly. Her eyes met the captains, seeing who would break away first.

"Sao Feng..." Barbossa's voice filled her ears. Both Evelyn and the Singapore captain turned their attention to Captain Barbossa standing beside the other captain. "You showing up here, is it truly a remarkable coincidence."

Captain Sao Feng tilted his head to the side then back up, slowly walking around Barbossa. "Jack Sparrow."

Jack poked his head from behind Barbossa, giving a toothy smile but chewing on his nail.

"You paid me great insult once." Captain Sao Feng's words fell into a whisper.

"That doesn't sound like me." Jack said, standing up tall to the captain before him.