Chapter 8: Pretty cool, if you're into roses and that stuff

Trivia: There are multiple versions of Spider-Man that Marvel created throughout the decades. There's the Amazing Spider-Man with his classic red-and-blue getup we all love, Noir (pronounced "new-wa") who fights crime, stealthy style, in a gangers' paradise of the 1930s, the "black suit" (Venom on Spidey), Iron Spider, a custom suit the one and only Tony Stark collaborates with his trademark red and gold colors to Peter Parker, and the anti-X-Men suit as a battle armor for him. These are only a meager amount of costumes listed, but you can check out much more out on the web. *Ha ha, that was bad.

____________________________________________________________

                                              Chapter Eight

                                      Pretty cool, if you're into roses and that stuff

All right, I do remember where Liz lives. I strut around her street and head to the Rose Garden Suites. Hmm, that homeless dude is staring me up! Thank goodness the door's right there. Yup, it's the right place. The lettering and the title tell me so.

Wow, this place is dang fancy. For a kid who's lived in Queens all his life, I like it here.

The lobby is tranquil with a coffee machine simmering, but a young family of tourists is running around (all four kids are dressed up in "I heart NYC" t-shirts and hats). I check my phone and see that I am slightly early, so I recline on a black, leather couch and look around the furniture.

Roses on china vases balance on ebony tables and Baroque carpets rest on cream carpet to give a warm impression of a romantic interior. Paintings of ivy and roses hugging onto cottages, as well as other scenic locations, spread across the lobby. This place would be perfect for Valentine's Day, heh. I should head to the vine-wrapped (nice touch), reception desk and ask for Liz. Should I grab some tea? No, there's no time.

"Hello and welcome to the Rose Garden Suites, how may I be of service?" a stout woman with frizzy hair greets me. I look at her nametag- Her hair is pretty poofy and high...shut up!

"Uh yeah, I'm looking for a Miss Liz Allan, please," I fumble. As soon as I tell her so, her nose scrunches, in a hostile way. "What's yer business with her?" she sneers. Whoa, excuse me?

"Uh, I'm just a friend of hers at our high school?" I doubted and scratched my head. "Oh really? Are you sure?" the receptionist snubs again and glances at my backpack. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Can you just, like, call her or something?" I offered. "By the way, I'm Peter Parker," I just remembered to say. No wonder the lady was defensive. Then again, she should have asked me.

The receptionist exams my face. "...All right, I'll take yer word for it," she rolls her eyes and beeps some buttons. She calls Liz and asks some questions. Did bad things happen to Liz in the past?

"Okay 'Skippy,' Mr. Heron will point you the way," the receptionist points to the closest bellhop. 'Skippy,' what the heck? Whatever works, I guess.

I walk over to catch my first impression of Mr. Heron. He's a lean, African-American man that's just a bit smaller than me. His red suit is quite bright, but it looks good on him. Funny, Mr. Heron is thin, but shorter than I predicted. Not quite like a literal heron; tall and skinny.

"Good afternoon sonny, how may I be of service?" Mr. Heron warmly greets me in a Southern accent. He seems a lot nicer than the paranoid lady up front. "I'm just an average Joe just requesting a visit to Liz Allan's suite for, business," I introduce. "And I assume yer name is Joe, persay?" he jokes. "Nah, I'm Peter Parker," I gently correct. And Spider-Man. "Oh yes, Miss Allan was expectin' a Peta' Parka'," Mr. Heron remembers. "Right this way." Finally, geez.

Eight floors later 

The elevator music wasn't bad, but it did get repetitive after the fifth floor. "Miss Allan's room is to yer next two rights, Mr. Parka'. Have a nice day," Mr. Heron points out and I leave him. Boy, I better get this right.

Bzzz. Oh, a text message.

"pete, how r u doin" from Betty. Oh, I don't want to lie, but I don't want to sound suspicious.

"I'm inside, studying."

"atta kid i wont bother u, c ya"

"Thanks for your concern, have a good day Betty. We can do something tomorrow. Much love, Pete"

Madame Web's usually-hypnotizing voice exploits in my head, "This is your choice, boy!" 

Oh gosh, I'm guilty! But I had to. Liz wants help for her grades. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be okay. This is just for one time. Let's see, this looks like the right door. I follow the directions and knock to proceed.

 ____________________________________________________________

Trivia

Marvel Studios was bought by Disney on August 31, 2009 for $4 billion. Though many people complain about that fact, many do not know/forget that Disney also produced the following box office hits: Iron Man 2, The Amazing Spider-Man, The Avengers, Thor, and Captain America: First Avenger, and Iron Man 3 from that time. Several future plans include a Daredevil remake, Thor: The Dark World, and Antman.