Chapter 4: Supply and Demand

Trivia: The correct spelling of our webbed hero's name is "Spider-Man" with a hyphen, not: "Spiderman", "SpiderMan", "spiderman", "Spider man", or "spiderMan", and whatnot. Why? Stan Lee didn't want readers to confuse him with "Superman". Can you imagine the confusion if he did keep it like that?

____________________________________________________________

                                                     Chapter 4

                                             Supply and Demand

Robbie opens the door, but suspects something warm in the air. He ignores it, coughs and hands Betty some papers. "Betty darling, J. Jonah needs these articles edited and a hot mocha with caramel topping over whipped cream, 3 spoonfuls of sugar and a chocolate muffin from Dunkin' Donuts as soon as you're done talking with Peter here", he reports to her. Her mouth opens, but he leaves as quick as his entrance, then Betty exhales.

"Wow, that was close", Betty laughs. I'm also relieved; I don't know what Robbie would do if he saw us a few seconds ago. We stand up and I hug Betty. "You're a sweet girl, Betty. Although I have to go, I just can't wait to see you soon", I brighten. She smiles and replies, "Yeah, Jameson needs his daily dose of Spider-Man pics. Catch 'ya soon". Oh, I almost forgot. "Um, I can, uh, have your phone number?", I falter. "Someone's getting bold", Betty expresses in a straight face, eyebrow cocked. Then she laughs; I also laugh at seeing her pull off that stunt. She rips some paper and gets a pen. "Oh, I gotcha real good, didn't I? Anyways, it's ***-***-****", she laughs and give it to me. "Okie dokes, thanks. Catch 'ya tomorrow", I greet and leave smiling. 

Aunt May waits for me with her chicken pot pie steaming, joined by green beans, white rice, and glasses of cranberry juice; ahh, I'm watering. "Hi Peter, you're late", she points out. "Sorry Aunt May, work was full of commotion. It smells fabulous", I grin and kiss her cheek. She hands me a plate and silverware.

"Aunt May, which would you like me to serve first- the chicken pot pie or the green beans?", I ask. "Oh it's all right, just get small amounts of each thing and I'll be happy", she answers and I oblige. I serve myself next with heaps of the chicken pot pie, and smaller amounts of the sides, ah yeah. It's a tradition for us that I serve her first since she's the older one on mealtimes. "Now, will you say grace?", she asks and holds my hands. "Dear Lord, we gather here today to say thanks for the food you have blessed us with, and please be mindful of those who don't have enough. Amen", I end and we dig in.

"Peter dear, how was work?", Aunt May asks. Oh snap, how should I answer? "I-It was great, I, um, got some pics for Mr. Jameson", I stammer. Goodness, I'm showing too many signs of being a liar. "Oh really? And what were they like?", she ponders. "They had pictures of Spider-Man saving people, like usual", I remember. That part is true. Aunt May grins to herself. "Well, if there's anything you want to talk about, you can always tell me", she beams. If only I could. 

Okay, so Mrs. Himmelstoss wants me to write about whether Puck was either a beneficial  or chaotic character in A Midsummer Night's Dream. The Con argument believes that he caused all the contention during the entire play because of his mistakes. The Pro side says that he is the one that eventually brings all 4 lovers together. This is pretty tough.

Let's see, Puck was the one who messed with Lysander by squirting the love potion on his eyes first. Thank goodness he didn't touch the ladies, I can't imagine what it'd be like if Helena got a sample...Puck did screw with Titania by letting her have the magic eye drops and turning Nick Bottom's head into a donkey head to have her fall in love with him. Maybe love actually does do that to us in real life- have us fall in love with fools that only others recognize firsthand. No, it's just me. At the end though, he broke the 4th wall by apologizing to the audience for creating his tomfoolery. I guess I'm going to side with Puck as being important to the story, sorry Con side.