Chapter 3: Switchin' it up

*4th Wall Destruction! This dedication goes to Aerosmith1998 for giving me hope when I thought that my story would never work out and for being my first fan. I thank you.

Note: I recommend playing the YouTube video posted on the last paragraph, trust me. Now, back to the tale.*

Trivia: Spider-Man is the first teenage superhero who fought alone in comic history. Before him, superheroes had teenage sidekicks (Batman and Robin, Captain America and Bucky, etc.). Stan Lee wanted to create a hero with problems that were relatable to all (Superheroes usually had glamorous lives, like Iron Man) and created, with Steve Ditko, the Amazing Spider-Man.

____________________________________________________________

                                                     Chapter 3

                                                 Switchin' it up

Boom!...Boom!...Water and coffee glasses shimmered, then stilled. Boom! Repeat that sequence against brick walls 3 times and you got a "Doc Ock" club soda, best served chilled. Then a violent slam. Uhmm, that's not part of the recipe. Huh, Betty's window is open and quite breezy.

I peer through it to witness this and I confirmed my suspicions. He saw me, oh crap. He vice grips my torso in my Peter Parker persona through the window, no! How am I going to solve this without him meeting my super friend's fist? He cackles freakishly and I become even more distraught when I see Betty unconsciously limp in his other limb's seize. Since when do I need saving? Hey, that was rhetorical!

"Hey Doc, I knew taking tours around NYC is pretty and all, but I'd prefer if I explore it on ground level. Can you also let the damsel have some fresh air, while you're at it?", I shout. "Shut it Parker, you and your lady friend aren't going anywhere. We could get acquainted with your superhero friend", he swaggers. Gee, since when did he get so confident? Wait, how does he know me?

I already knew what NYC is like from above, but it was quite unpleasant to experience it in instances where your oxygen supply is constantly tested and your head has no external protection from flag poles and cinder blocks. Don't worry, I used my spidey senses to dodge those nasties.

The Doc is amusing himself, watching the police struggle in indecisiveness below (I don't want to get shot, neither would Betty). "Doctor Octavius, put down those civilians in the name of the law and surrender yourself now", Chief George Stacy hollers over speakers. Yeah, like he'd do that. Ock Doc is latched onto the Rockefeller building and advertises, "Gladly" and lets go of both of us. Lovely.

Betty wakes from her unconscious state and starts shrieking as we both descend from above. "Gotcha!", he taunts and we both are in the Docs' limbed grips again. "You really thought I was going to kill you both that easily? I still need you two", the Ock booms in humor. What's with him? The police shot several bullets that hit nobody, then the chief ordered ceasefire. Mr. Strangely Happy climbs up like that didn't happen and reaches the rooftops.

We reach the peak with pigeons that willingly let us take their spots. "Hey Pete, what in the frick are we doing here on this roof?", Betty asks to me. "Shut up woman, only I will speak, but I promise that this experience will prove to be exciting", 8-Limbs orders. Turns out, he's right.

"Okay, now it's all quiet. Parker, shouldn't your spider buddy be here by now?", Doc Ock mocks at me. I'm getting lightheaded. Brace yourself, man. Hey, this is a fine opportunity to poke at him. "He's too repulsed to indulge in your expired aromas, obviously", I alleged. Betty notices my wink and adds, "Hey Doc, my diagnosis on you is that you suffer from narcissism, OCD-" "Shut up, that is not true! I am a well respected scientist in this forsaken city!", he yells. I can protest that statement.