ᴛᴡᴏ - [ʙɪᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ]

Começar do início

The two hopped into the jeep, starting it up, Lyra glanced at Shane. "Thank you...by the way I don't think I ever properly told you that."

The man brushed it off, waving his hand. "It's alright, please don't thank me anymore."

Lyra nods, watching as Shane pressed on the gas, her hair blowing in the wind. Lyra ran her fingers through her black hair, letting the sun absorb into her skin. "I forgot how good it felt..."

"What's that?"

"The sun..." Lyra added as one of her eyes were squeezed shut while she squinted the other to look at Shane. "I don't know what I'd do if it ever stopped shining." She adds, sunbathing in her seat. Shane didn't know why, but he just kept wanting to hear her voice.

"We're going to the quarry..." Shane pointed out. Lyra smirked. "I know Dumbo."

The man cracked a teethy smile, she liked his side profile, it was handsome and chiseled. His hair was on the short side, very thick and had a bit of a curl. She liked his stupid big ears and his Big nose, It worked for him, and let's not talk about that cut jawline. God.

"Oh you got jokes?"

"Never said I didn't." Lyra replied wittily. Shane noticed her starting to warm up to him and he liked it.

"So, how you liking it here so far?" the man questioned, to this she huffed "it's great, everyone is pretty nice which is intimidating."

Shane nods "yeah, but I think everyone likes you."

"Lori doesn't." Lyra corrected him. Shane didn't know that she noticed, he honestly didn't. "I don't think that's true."

"I know when I'm not liked, trust me and she doesn't like me. And that's okay, she doesn't have to like me." The Latina shrugged, unbothered.

"I think she has to warm up to you Lee." The nickname rolled off his tongue before he could notice.

"If you say so." Pulling up to the quarry the two got out of the car beginning to fill the huge water kegs.

"I love the water..." Lyra announced after they had suffered in silence for awhile. "Do you?"

"Yeah...since I was a kid I loved being in the water, I loved learning about it, I told myself if I ever got tired of being a combat medic that I'd move one of the beaches in Chile, and spend the rest of my days surfing and collecting seashells..."

"Did you get tired of it?" Shane asked, interested in the mystery woman. "No, I enjoyed helping people. Saving a life is just a gift in itself. And I'm happy with what I did."

Shane respected that, he gave her the upmost respect for it.

"Anyway...enough about me, what did you do? Before this I mean..."

"I was a police officer, for king county...my best friend was the sheriff. Lori's husband." Shane explained. "Wow, that's amazing. Where is he, if you don't mind me asking."

A small frown flashed across Shane's face, a look of guilt and sadness expressed. "I'm sorry—I didn't mean to pry..."

Shane shook his head, reassuring her that it was okay to ask. "No, no your okay Uhm, he didn't make it. I tried my best to save him but—he was gone. So I thought I'd do what's right and protect his family. It's the least I could do."