Chapter 11

The pic's somewhat how I imagined Julie's dress.  I didn't imagine the star there though ..

__________________________________________________ 

I sat up suddenly, and realized that my phone was ringing. I groaned and reached for it.

"Hello?" I asked, sleepily.

"Hey!" I heard Liv's voice say cheerfully, "Are you up yet?"

She didn't even wait for me to reply.

"I'm coming by in half an hour."

"Why?" I glanced at the clock, "Sheesh, Liv, it's only ten a.m."

"You mean it's already ten a.m.!" She exclaimed, "Do you know how long it takes for a girl to pick out a dress?"

I groaned, "Is that what you called me for?"

"Of course!" She replied, "The Spring Fest is tomorrow, how can you be so ... not worried?"

"I could just wear what I wore last year," I replied as I sat up.

Liv laughed, "You wore jeans and a t-shirt!"

I shrugged, even though I knew she couldn't see me, "Your point?"

"You're not supposed to wear jeans and a t-shirt to Spring Fest!"

"Well, at least I stood out," I replied.

"You're going to wear a dress this year, for your birthday," Liv replied firmly, "See you in half an hour."

She hung up before I could protest.

I walked to the bathroom, and picked up my light blue toothbrush. I stared at myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth.

My hair looked like a complete disaster. After I was done brushing my teeth, I took a hair band and put it up in a ponytail.

Twenty-eight minutes later, Liv's car pulled into my driveway. I grabbed my wallet, stuffed it in my back pocket, and walked outside.

"Hey," She smiled brightly when I walked to her car. I noticed Hollie in the backseat. I got in.

"You know, I don't understand why you can't just wear the dress you wore last year," I commented as Liv started driving away.

Hollie and Liv gasped in shock at the same time, like they had planned it or something.

"No one does that," Hollie replied.

"Well, you guys have fun picking out your dress; I'll save my money and wear one of my old dresses."

"You only own one dress," Liv rolled her eyes, "Don't worry about the money. I'll pay for your dress; as a birthday present."

"No," I protested, "Don't give me a dress for my birthday. Get me something useful."

"Don't you want to look good for the Spring Fest?" Hollie asked.

"It's only a dance," I murmured to myself.

Liv parked in front of Luce, the largest clothing store in town. We walked in.

I saw a row of jeans, and immediately started walking in that direction.

"Hold on, missy, dresses first," Liv told me. She grabbed me by the arm, and dragged me to the dresses section.

I stood there, staring at all the dresses they had. Short, long, and every color you could imagine. Oh boy, this was really going to take all day.

"They have like, a million dresses here!" I complained as I followed them down a row of black dresses.