Chapter 4

I know this isn't my best, I had a little trouble with some parts. I hope you like it though ;)

________________________________________________________________________

After school, Liv came to my locker, holding out her keys.

"What?"

"I'm getting a ride from Seb," She replied, jingling the keys in front of my face, expecting me to take them.

"What?! I don't have my license yet!" I protested.

"Oh, come on, please!" She begged, "It's just today."

"If he asks you once, he'll be driving you the whole school year."

"How do you know?" I didn't reply.

"Just a guess?" I sighed and took the keys. "If I get pulled over by a police, you're paying the fine."

"Fine," She replied eagerly. Then she came and gave me a hug. "You are the best friend ever! You have no idea how much this means to me."

I watched her get into Seb's car and they drove away.

I spent about ten minutes trying to find her car. Finally, I saw her silver convertible, opened the door, and got in.

I nervously started the car and backed out the parking lot.

Liv's POV.

"You know where I live?" I asked Seb.

"No. This is the part where you tell me."

I was just about to answer him when my phone rang. Julie's name flashed on the screen. I put her on speaker.

"Hello?" Her voice came out sounding worried.

"Julie! You shouldn't be talking while you're driving," I teased.

"Especially when you don't have your license yet," Seb added.

There was a pause before Julie asked, "How do you know I don't have my license yet?"

"Liv told me." I did?

"Well, anyways, was I supposed to turn right after the right, right, left, and right?"

"Uh ..." I tried to visualize what she meant, "Yeah, you were."

"Oh."

"Julie, did you go the wrong way?" I asked.

"Yeah ..." Her voice trailed off. Then she added, "It's your fault though. You don't even have a map."

"You need a map to get from school to your house?"

"Maybe I do," She replied. "Ok, you know what, I got it. Bye." She hung up before I could reply.

We sat in silence for a while.

"So, you and Julie ..." I trailed off.

"What about me and Julie?"

Julie was my best friend, and you can't go through life without being jealous of someone. Well, I hate to admit it to myself, but I was a little jealous of Julie. She was so pretty, and even if she won't admit it, all the guys liked her, even if it was just as a friend.

I had a crush on Ethan last year, and I later told her he was a jerk because he liked Julie. I was heartbroken when I found out, but of course, I couldn't blame it on her.

The only reason I wanted Seb was because I wanted to prove to myself that I wasn't worse than Julie. Now that I think about it, it was pretty stupid. I felt bad for even trying to compete with her.

"You and Julie... Seem to, you know, have something special," I told him. I suddenly had an idea. Maybe if I got her and Seb together, it could be like a silent apology. I smiled. I liked the idea of that. I decided that it was now my goal to get Julie and Seb together. They did seem to... have something special.

"Like what?"

"Well, you guys sure seem to get along." He laughed and I said, "No, really, I'm serious."

"Well, what about our date?"

"Maybe you should ask Julie," I told him.

"Ask Julie? No, it's too late."

"What do you mean too late?" I asked curiously.

"Didn't she tell you? Well, long story short; we were together before she, uh, moved here, than we broke up, and now she hates my guts."

I turned to face him. "You guys what!? Julie didn't tell me you're her boyfriend!"

"Used to be," he corrected, "I get why Juliedidn't tell you. Like I said, she's trying to avoid me now."

"I'm sure she's not."

"She is," he insisted, "Julie's moved on, so now I should too."

"Give it some time, I'm sure Julie will change her mind," I said.

"You know how stubborn she can be."

"Yes, but I'm also her best friend. I'll find a way," Then I gave him directions to my house.

He dropped me off and Julie pulled into the driveway just as Seb drove away. I waited for her to get out of the car.

"You made this really complicated," She said as she walked up to me, "Now you have to drive me home."

"Or you could stay for the night. I'm sure your mom will let you."

"It's a school night," Julie protested as I dragged her inside. I made her sit and watch TV as I called her mom.

Julie's POV.

I watched a stupid reality show as Liv called my mom. I wonder how her ride with Seb went. They were probably head-over-heels in love with each other now.

She got off the phone and sat down next to me. "She said yes!"

"That's great," I faked a smile.

We sat there in silence for a couple of minutes, with only the people on TV talking.

"So, you know, best friends tell each other everything," Liv began. Uh oh. I had I gut feeling where this was going.

"Especially, if it involves guys."

"I know," I replied casually.

She sighed, "Well, I'm just going to say this directly. I know about you and Seb."

_______________________________________________________________________

Yes, I realize I have wayyyy too much dialogue. Sorry! I'm not good at details. Will work on that next time ;)