Evania abliged by opening her mouth and taking a bite of the cookie. She went for another bite, but Sylvia pulled the cookie away and ate the rest herself with a happy grin. Evania glared threateningly at her.

"Oh come on, I have to annoy you just a little bit." Sylvia answered, her grin still plastered on her face. "I'd be no fun if I was perfect." The succubus reached over and grabbed a little bat cookie, but as she went to take a bite out of it Evania grabbed her wrist tightly. Sylvia looked up at her with a smirk. "Oh? Are you perchance mad at me?"

The vampire answered by holding her glare, and not releasing her grip on Sylvia's wrist. The succubus smirked however, and released the cookie, only to have it levitate between them. "I have magic you know."

Evania snatched the cookie out of the air before Sylvia could blink, biting into it with a cocky smirk getting Sylvia to laugh. "You little shit, that's cheating!"

How is it cheating?

"You used your speed to take it!"

You used your magic to levatate it.

"I can't move that fast even with magic. Vampires are so cool." Sylvia grumbled.

Evania wanted to ask what she thought vampires were. Sure, she was stronger, and faster, but she had to feed off living things. And the emptiness in her heart hurt more than anything else. She felt so cold and alone, even when there were other people in the room speaking to her.

But with Sylvia, that emptiness went away. Like this was where she was supposed to be, who she was supposed to be with.

Maybe being a vampire wasn't so bad after all.

"When is your birthday?" Sylvia asked, resting her hand on her chest as she looked up at Evania.

May 8th. Why?

"Because I'm working on your present, and it's going to take a while." Sylvia answered.

You're working on a present for my birthday five months in advance? Evania raised an eyebrow.

"It probably won't happen for a few years." Sylvia shrugged.

Then why tell me about it now?

"Because I'm going to tell you what it is." The succubus flicked Evania on the nose getting her to growl.

Why is everyone flicking me!?

"I'm working on a choker that will block the magic in your voice from ever leaving your mouth." Sylvia explained. "Nyx and Isirona are helping me, but it's difficult because the source of Pureblood magic is still an unknown."

Doesn't it come from our Pureblood?

"If that was the case then people like Kira Nightshade would have that power. But Kira doesn't."

Isn't Kira famous for her speed?

"And what's her sister famous for? Being smart?"

Orenda says she can see a few seconds into the future. Evania shrugged. I think all Purebloods have a unique power.

"Zia and Agora didn't. Neither did Rose or Avalar or Avalon." Sylvia noted.

How do you know that? You never met them.

"Anyway!" Sylvia rolled her eyes. "Stop derailing me. I'm trying to tell you that I'm-"

I know. Thank you for helping me. If it takes you ten years, I'll still be eternally grateful. The vampire smiled, leaning down and giving her succubus a happy kiss.