Chapter 22

The young vampire was doing the homework in front of her but she couldn't help but narrow her eyes as she could feel the succubi's eyes on her. She did her best to ignore them, going back to her work to try and get it done.

"Sylvia." The vampire called, annoyance in her voice.

"Yes love?" Came her answer from somewhere in the kitchen behind her.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Because I like looking at you."

Evania was glad she was facing away from her, to hide the blush on her cheeks. She muttered under her breath and once again tried to ignore her succubus who didn't let up for a while. She heard a bit of a commotion a few moments later, it sounding like Sylvia had pulled something out of the oven before the staring resumed. A few seconds after that the wonderful scent of freshly baked cookies floated under her nose.

Evania went to turn her head but an arm wrapped around her and a gentle kiss was placed on her shoulder. She tensed, visibly flinching at the sudden contact. But realizing it could only be one person she relaxed, allowing the succubus to do as she pleased.

The succubi's other arm moved around in front of her, holding a plate with a couple cookies on it. Evania smiled softly at the imaturity the succubus displayed. The cookies were shaped like little bats and the same swirls that covered Sylvia's body. Syl had quite effectively made cookies representing her and Evania.

"Is that supposed to be me?" Evania asked.

"When did I say that?"

"Those swirls are obviously you." The vampire noted. "Does that mean that the bats are supposed to be me?"

"They're not supposed to be anyone." She rolled her eyes. "I made bats and swirls."

"Syl."

"So maybe I did it subconsciously because I was thinking about how much you'd love some cookies and that I would get to see you smile as you ate them." Sylvia shrugged, still holding onto Evania with one arm. "Try one? The swirls are vanilla, and the bats are chocolate."

Evania couldn't stop herself from chuckling even if she really tried. "So you made the bats for yourself and the swirls for me?"

"Bats aren't white you nerd."

"They can be."

"Eat the cookie."

Evania took the swirl off the plate with another laugh before taking a bite. Sylvia watched Evania's expression intently, making sure to note down all the features of her pleased girlfriend. Evania looked back up at her with a genuine smile. "It was great." She smiled.

"Well I'm glad you liked it." Sylvia said, pulling the plate back and disappearing back into the kitchen while eating the other cookie happily. "Do you want more?"

"Sure." She called back.

Sylvia returned with the tray of cookies, setting it on the table in front of them, but not in the way of Evania's work. "Just say when, and I'll cookie you."

Evania rolled her eyes at the thought but offered an empty hand to her succubus every so often, only to be rewarded with a swirl cookie. She finished her work quickly, which was good because Sylvia didn't seem to want to be ignored anymore as she had moved to lay across Evania's lap making it very difficult to reach her notebook. Though, she didn't mind when Eva rested said notebook on her chest and continued her work.

The succubus looked up at the vampire with a smile before holding another cookie up to Evania's lips getting her to roll her eyes. "Say Ah!" Sylvia grinned.