Chapter 11

Sylvia stared at the TV. It had been muted, but it was something to look at for the moment. Her emotions had been all over the place since Evania's confession, and she really didn't know how she was supposed to process this.

Because they were mates, she assumed she was supposed to feel estactic that her mate knew that they were mates, and that she didn't compare her to the man who assaulted her more times than she could count. But something about it still didn't feel right. Like she was missing something very important.

The thought slipped her mind however, the instant she looked down at the sleeping girl in her lap.

Sylvia had tried to go to her room last night to try and think about things herself, but Evania held her down and had none of it. So here she stayed, because she no longer wanted to leave.

She could feel the energy return to her ten fold. Her batteries all but fully charged on her mate's mana.

Eva rubbed her head into Syl's stomach a bit before opening one eye just as the succubus ran her fingers through Eva's hair. The vampire's eyes filled with fear a moment before realization crossed her expression and a small smile broke out on her lips.

"I'm not dreaming am I?" Evania asked, her voice groggy from her sleep.

Sylvia smiled softly, still able to ignore the vampire's magic. "Yes, totally. We should make out since it's a dream."

Evania chuckled. "Tempting. But I don't think I'm ready."

"You know you're awake then. Damn it." Sylvia snapped her fingers in defeat. "Good morning sleeping beauty. How are you feeling?"

"Fine. Was I sick?"

"Not physically. But you seemed like you were on the verge of a breakdown. You didn't have one that I'm aware of, but I just want to be sure."

"I feel fine." The vampire nodded, hugging the succubus a bit tighter like she didn't want to get up. "Can we stay like this for a bit longer?"

"Today's Saturday. So as long as you want." Sylvia agreed. "You're charging my love batteries so I'm not going to complain."

"Love Batteries?"

"Well, that's what they are, aren't they?" The succubus grinned. "I get my strength from your love and affection."

"I don't think that's how it works."

"How would you know? You're not a succubus." Sylvia retorted.

"Sure." Evania rolled her eyes. "Whatever makes you feel better."

"I feel great actually. Because of you of course."

"Oh?"

"Yep. Draining your mana all night has me feeling a hundred and ten percent. Speaking of which, you seem to have adjusted to being able to speak to me pretty well. I thought you'd have to work into it."

Evania stared up at her curiously, like she didn't know if she was supposed to answer or not.

"It's not a bad thing. I just mean, you've gone a few years without actually speaking at all, and now that I'm immune you just talk to me like normal." The succubus noted. "I just thought it was strange."

"It is strange." The vampire admitted. "It was so easy for me to forget how long I've been hiding from my past. Then you just show up and break down all my walls like they're not even there."

"I can tell you why you take them down for me."

"I'd like that."

Sylvia took Eva's hand gently, lacing their fingers together and pressing their palms together. "Because even though you're hurting, and you put up these walls to keep everyone from hurting you, you don't want them there in the first place... that, and I'm your mate so your body and soul knows I'm meant for you."