Chapter 79

Gwen knocked on the door about an hour later, where Evania reached over the back of the couch having learned from Sylvia how to use her magic to open the door since said succubus did not seem like she intended on getting up. Gwen and another man stepped into the dorm where Gwen closed the door behind them as Sylvia finally got up.

The man was the same bearded man Evania had seen in the picture, only this time he was wearing a dress shirt and tie like he was just out of a formal occasion. Sylvia quickly smiled brightly and moved to embrace him, and he smiled back with just as much of a joy and excitement.

"It's good to see you my dear! I had been looking forward to for quite a while now!" Oscar explained, giving his step-daughter a tight squeeze.

"It's good to see you too dad." Sylvia smiled. The two stepped back where Oscar left a hand on her shoulder before examining her curiously. He then looked to Evania who had stood up politely to watch the exchange.

"You must be Evania, and the reason she's glowing."

"Glowing?" Sylvia chuckled with a raised eyebrow. "I'm not glowing."

"Nonsense. You're as bright as the sun my dear. Like all of your troubles were erased." Oscar told her. "You seem almost like a completely different person since I last saw you."

"You've seen me for barely a minute Oscar. What could you have possibly seen?"

"He's teasing you of course. I've already told him of your wings and your crest." Gwen explained.

Oscar turned to look at her with a sigh. "Come now my love, why must you give away my secrets. I had her confused for the moment."

"Concerned more like. I was worried you might have hit your head on the last expedition into a cave or something." Sylvia confessed with a laugh. "But yes, this is Evania." Sylvia motioned towards her lover who stepped forward and offered a hand.

Oscar happily shook her hand. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

Likewise Sir.

"Sir?" He chuckled and waved her off. "We're practically family, just call me Oscar."

Of course Oscar.

"I do understand sign, if you'd prefer to use it." Oscar offered. "Sylvia taught it to us to help Blue."

Evania signed a 'thank you' which he answered with a 'your welcome'.

"Do you want to keep Sylvia waiting or are you going to give her the surprise you promised?" Gwen asked.

Oscar chuckled. "I had intended to wait a bit." He confessed. "But I suppose I shouldn't keep you waiting. I'm sorry it's a bit late my dear." He reached into his vest and pulled out a scroll which seemed much too big to fit into his vest. He handed it to Sylvia, who looked just as confused as Evania did.

Sylvia unrolled it, revealing that it was less of a scroll, and more of a rolled up picture. The edges were slightly burned and the parchment appeared to be very old and barely held together. Even Evania could tell it was likely magic that had repaired and strengthened the material. However Evania watched the expression of pure shock that appeared on Sylvia's face, before tears welled up in her eyes. She leaned over to take a look over the succubi's shoulder to get a look.

The picture was a beautiful hand painted portrait of King Arthur and posed to match the statue on the man's tomb they had just seen. Except it wasn't solid gold, and instead was filled with color, revealing the handsome man Evania had seen in her dream with his royal attire and beautiful crown.

"You weren't in Exodious." Sylvia noted, lowering the portrait to look at Oscar who's hand was already reaching back into the other side of his vest, his smile only growing. This time he produced a golden crown. The one that matched the crown on Arthur's head in his portait.