"Don't worry, Uma," Hedith then said and walked towards them. Uma looked at her with concerned eyes to which Hedirh smiled at, "I got Daddy's ember
She can't hurt me. I'm a god."

Mal sighed in relief and lead Hedith outside the door, closing it after they left. Mal led her further out to the garden, making sure no one can hear them. Once they're sure, Hedith puts on a cold expression and crossed her arms.

"Alright, sister," the word comes out bitter to Hedith's mouth and Mal tried to ignore how it affected her, "What's this talk about?"

"I wanted to apologize."

"For what, exactly?"

"For everything," Mal said and Hedith scoffed.

This? This is the Mal that the kids at the Isle feared so much? The Mal that must be invited in all the parties in the Isle or she'll trash it like everyday is garbage day? This is the Mal that had Hedith wanting to challenge for the domination of the Isle of the Lost? This is the Mal that wasted her every time they met each other? Mal, Daughter of Maleficent never ever apologizes.

"So it's true. You really turned soft," Hedith taunted, putting her hands down. She sent a glare towards the older teen and her next words are said with much bitterness, "But sad to say, Mal. If you're apologetic for everything, well it's too late. Fourteen years too late."

"I had no choice. Mom had forbidden me to actually come in contact with you even just to meet you," Mal said, the desperation can be heard in her voice and it's pathetic.

"Yeah, cause you're mommy's little girl," if bitterness can kill, it already probably killed Mal by now.

Hedith refused to budge and it only makes Mal more miserable to see her sister hate her so much but treat her rival with the the relationship she wished she have with her.

"I'm sorry. I was foolish when I obeyed mom all those years but times have changed everything. I am willing to fix everything between us, Hedith."

"I'm having a hard time believing you," Hedith shot back, "I have something you need. That's why you're doing this."

"What? No!"

"Well, I'm still not buying it, Mal!" Hedith finally snapped, "Goddammit! Auradon had really did quite a number on you, Daughter of Maleficent."

"Don't forget that you are one, too," Mal pointed out, her voice more firm than her previous statements. Hedith's nose wrinkled in disgust.

"I abandoned that part of me. I am the Daughter of Hades and no one else's! Maleficent is not my mom. Hell! Maleficent is nothing to me!"

"Don't tell me you never wanted to have a complete family," Mal pried and Hedith's eyes widened. With that expression, Mal realized what she had said had hit Hedith more than she realized.

"You don't know anything..."

"Hedith, I'm—"

"Shut up!" She yelled, voice full of anger, "You don't know how much dad and I suffered."

"Did you know how it breaks me every time dad tells me story of how you run into his arms when you were a baby? How you called for him when mom is scolding you? Did you know how hard it is to fill that hole in his heart that you were suppose to fill? Goddamnit, Mal! Did you know that it breaks me that even though dad has me, he still wanted to be with you and be a father to you? Did you ever feel that responsibility to fill a sibling's role for mom? I bet you don't!"

"Hedith..."

"I bet you don't because Mom doesn't care and you had it easy because all you need to prove is you can be evil just like her while I have to prove to dad that I am enough for him. I can be twice a daughter you could ever be!"

Hedith's tears started streaming down her face and her hair started flaming. Her tears, despite coming out wet, burns once they pass her chin.

"I tried approaching you when I was a kid. I tried asking for your help. I tried to mend that broken bond we had but you always pretend that you don't know me. I'm lucky enough to not met mom because I was just a baby when they split, but dad was so adamant on having me to meet you that I tried. But what did you do?"

Mal was silent, unable to respond to the things that Hedith just said.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"I shut you out!" Mal answered immediately when she screamed. Her flames turning a violent shade of violet. Which surprised both girls, "I'm really sorry."

Mal, despite seeing Hedith's angered form, walked towards her. The younger girl didn't bothered moving.

"I was a coward. I was weak," Mal whispered, trying to calm Hedith down and once she's in the right distance, she hugged her sister, "I was a fool to listen to mom. I should've just come to your aid when you needed me. I should've helped you! I should've been the big sister to you and not Uma. I should've been there and not Uma."

"Because of you, I never had friends in the Isle, growing up," Hedith's voice finally broke and her flames became a lot tamer seeing that it didn't even affect Mal. It must be their shared blood, "They only knew me as Hades' daughter. Daughter of someone who failed to kill an infant."

Mal chuckled and hugged Hedith tighter.

"Well, honestly. Mom didn't do a very good job either," this actually made Hedith laughed and burry her face on Mal's chest, feeling a lot more comfortable and lighter now that she said all of what she's keeping to Mal.

"Do you really want to make amends?" she whispered the question.

"Yes. For you."

"That's a promise."

"Promise."

An empty promise. Since Mal was the one who had the idea to keep the barrier close. For good.