Chapter 4 -Alice's New Life

Alice talks to her sister and, in three days, they leave with Edgar and Leanna. Charlotte was told exactly what Edgar and Leanna told Alice but she wasn't as excited. In fact, she wasn't sure it was a good idea, but she didn't have anything keeping her where she was anyway. Alice didn't even say goodbye to Isaac, she just put some clothes in a bag and left the house.

After the long boat trip to Britain, the four of them finally head to the special place Edgar and Leanna told Alice about. They walk for hours in the middle of a never-ending greenery to finally find a small humble house.

"This is it?" Alice asks disappointed.

"This is only the entrance." Leanna answers.

"I thought it would be more imponent."

"We're trying to stay away from humans who hunt us, we weren't going to make it obvious we're here." Edgar explains.

"Right."

They reach the house and Edgar places his hand on the door handle to open the door.

"If you're so worried about safety, you shouldn't leave the door to the entrance open like that." Alice says.

"It's not open to everyone." Edgar says and they enter the small house.

They head to a bedroom in the back of the house and Edgar opens a trapdoor on the floor. They go down and enter a dark tunnel. The tunnel walls themselves are black and the almost complete lack of light makes everything seem even darker. The only light is coming from ahead, probably from the end of the tunnel.

The four of them keep going down the tunnel in complete silence. But, as they approach the end of the tunnel and the light increases, they can hear noise. People talking and walking around.

At the end of the tunnel, there's a big cave. Bigger than Alice and Charlotte ever imagined a cave could be. They both stop at the end of the tunnel amazed, without even realizing it. They're looking around marveled at the place. It's surprisingly bright for a cave and they take a while to figure out where the light is coming from. There's no opening in the cave, so the light can't come from the sun.

As they look up, they see many green and blue bright big orbs on the top part of the cave. The green and blue tint makes the place look even more magical. It doesn't feel like a real place.

"What are those?" Alice asks Leanna pointing to the colorful bright orbs.

"Our light source." Leanna answers, but that doesn't explain anything.

"Yes, but what are they made of?"

"Magic."

"Wha..." Alice was going to ask but Leanna walked away without further explanations.

"Come now. Follow us." Edgar calls Alice and Charlotte, who were still standing at the end of the tunnel.

The two sisters follow them through the cave and then they enter a passage that leads to a different cave. The vibe of the second cave is very different from the first one. In this one, the lights are red and orange and the furniture is much fancier. The cave itself is much smaller and there are three big chairs in the center. There's a man sitting on the middle chair and he seems to be assessing Alice and Charlotte. His gaze terrifies them.

Every part of him seems scary because he's a very big man, but his deep black eyes, partially covered by his equally black long hair, are petrifying.

"Brother, these are the new recruits." Edgar tells the man sitting on the chair.

They do have the same black eyes and black hair. And so does Leanna. But Edgar's short hair doesn't make him look half as terrifying as the other man. And Leanna's soft features also don't make her look scary. Edgar and Leanna are just beautiful.