Chapter 3 - Alice

Alice was born in 1602 and she got bored and tired of her life easily. She always got tired and bored of things easily.

Her family was poor and she and her sister sold in the market in the city what their parents planted in their fields. Every day was the same and Alice hated how boring it all was. She didn't hate having to work, she was happy and proud to help her family, but she just hated the monotony.

Every single day she would wake up early and head to the city with her younger sister Charlotte. They would enter the market and sell their produce. When it got dark they would get back home, eat and go to sleep just so they could repeat everything the next day.

1620

"Good morning!" Charlotte exclaims as soon as Alice sits up on her bed.

Alice just can't understand how excited and happy Charlotte is every single morning.

"Good morning." Alice mumbles and gets out of bed.

"Why are you always so cranky?"

"Why are you always so excited?"

"Life's exciting." Charlotte answers with a smile and the same happy tone that drives Alice insane.

Alice mumbles something that Charlotte doesn't understand as she gets ready for the day but Charlotte ignores her.

Both girls leave their bedroom and join their parents in the kitchen. There are vegetables and fruits on top of the wooden table, ready to be taken to the market by Alice and Charlotte.

The parents greet the girls but quickly get out of the house to head to the fields to work, making sure they have more produce to sell on the next day.

Alice and Charlotte grab all the produce their parents left them and leave the house. They head to the city to go to the market and Alice gets ready for another boring day in her boring life.

They get to the market and display their produce, making sure everyone that passes by them gets a good look of the vegetable and fruits.

The market is crowded and hot, filled with people screaming and walking in every direction. The hours pass slowly for Alice, as she and her sister sell the produce in front of them. The most exciting thing that ever happens is when some vendors fight with each other, especially if Alice is involved. And it looks like today is one of those days.

Benjamin and his sister Cora, who also sell produce in the market, display their things in front of Alice and Charlotte. Alice shoots them a death stare but they completely ignore her.

"Leave them be." Charlotte tells her sister. "It's not like they're going to interfere with our sales. They're selling different things."

"They're in front of us. People won't even see us. Of course they'll interfere." Alice says and approaches Benjamin, tapping him on the shoulder.

"I know it might be hard for you tiny brain to understand what I've already told you a thousand times, but I'll repeat it. Get the hell out of our way!" Alice exclaims.

"Or what?" He asks her in a mocking tone.

"Or I'll take you out of my way."

"Okay, let's all calm down." Charlotte tells them both. "Alice, you're scaring people away."

"That's the goal here. To scare this idiot away." Alice replies.

"Well, you're scaring away the wrong people then." Charlotte is losing her patience with her sister.