Chapter 16

(woop woop guess what bitches im alive 😎 it's been a while hasn't it? Yeah uh sorry :,) anyway, if y'all need to recap, then I recommend you do just in case you're suddenly lost lol. sorry for the stupidly long wait!)

Max's POV

'(Y/N)'s pills..' I thought.

"No, he couldn't have.. why would he..?" I tried to stay positive, but the unnerving feeling didn't go away.

"There's no way he would... h-he would.. gah! Snap out of it, Max!" I shook my head roughly. I smacked my face a couple of times, which was ineffective. The thoughts still didn't go away.

'You know he's in a bad state, both physically and mentally. He wouldn't have hurt himself because of you, but did he?'

'Dumbass, you overreacted and now you're at a risk of losing someone you care about.'

'Why are David, Gwen and Nikki in so much panic? Why did Nikki look so horrified when you talked to her?'

'He didn't down all those pills in one sitting... Did he?'

Thoughts were spiraling all over my mind, the nervous and worried feeling growing stronger and stronger every second. I clenched my fist tightly, shook my head one last time before deciding to finally sprint towards the tent to see what was going on. I tried to stay on the positive side of things, also ignoring every bad possibility that kept bombarding my mind.

I rushed my way over to the tent's entrance before coming to a stop. I could hear David and Gwen struggling, and both Nikki and Neil panicking. As I reached the tent flaps a wave of guilt suddenly crashing over me. Thoughts started to flood my mind again.

'They're going to ask if anything happened earlier, aren't they?'

'If you tell them what happened, they'll blame it all on you, won't they?'

'If you lie, (Y/N) will just rat you out won't he?'

'If you didn't overreact, everything would've been fine. If you didn't exist, everything would've been better.'

I shook my head yet again in an attempt at ignoring my thoughts.

"I'm sure none of that shit is true..." I mumbled, trying to convince myself.

I attempted to calm myself down before this unnerving feeling got the best of me, taking in one deep breath after another. I shook my head one last time and exhaled sharply, finally deciding to grow some balls and make my way over to the tent. Step after step, slowly increasing my pace and getting closer, my anxiety starting to kick in again. Another couple of steps later and I felt a knot in my stomach. Halfway there I was already running like my life depended on it. I clenched my fists even harder trying to control my nervousness. Then I stopped.

I had reached the front of the tent and froze in place, all I could hear were sounds of sheer panic and distress.

'Why'd you freeze up all of a sudden?!'

'(Y/N) is in there, you asshole! Don't just stand there goddammit go help him!'

Thoughts started swarming my mind again.