Chapter 7

(Y/N)'s POV

I walked back with Max inside the mess hall, still feeling a bit weak after all that just happened. It's crazy how I've just met him for a few days and I already told him about my Anorexia. What's next? My crippling depression as well?

"You okay?" Max asked as we slowly reached the mess hall doors.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I still feel a bit weak though..." I muttered.

"I'll take you inside and get you a cup of water, 'kay?"

I nodded.

'Why is he suddenly so nice to me? First he's rude and a fucking asshole and now it's like he's taking care of me... this boy is difficult to comprehend...'  I thought as I stared at the ground. 

"Err... (Y/N). Hellooo??" Max waved a hand in front of my face, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh... eh, sorry..." I laughed and placed a hand behind my neck awkwardly.

Max grabbed my hand and opened the mess hall doors, both of us walking inside. We went over back to where Nikki and Neil were, both of them running over to ask what happened.

"A-Are you alright?" Neil stuttered nervously.

"Yeah, what happened??" Nikki asked as well, both of their voices filled with worry and concern.

"I-I... Uh I mean..." I stuttered.

'What the fuck do I say?! That I was just 'casually' throwing up thanks to Nikki and her waving that disgusting slop on my face and then told Max I was fucking anorexi-'

"He told me that he ran over to our tent because he forgot the tent was open and he was afraid that someone would take his stuff." Max said, now back to his original attitude.

Nikki suddenly grinned at Max and then at me.

"What is it Nikki?" I asked, confused at what she was doing. She just pointed over at me and Max's hands. We both looked down and then back up at each other, our eyes wide open in embarrassment. I looked back up and saw Max blushing. We quickly let go of each other's hands and tried to explain.

"I-It's not what you think, Nikki! I w-was just having trouble walking when I was coming back so I-I asked M-Max for some help, t-that's all.." I lied, stuttering like crazy.

"Mhm. Sure." Nikki nodded sarcastically, smirking.

Max huffed, looking at Nikki dead in the eye.

"Look, I don't know what kind of game you thing we're playing here Nikki but just fucking stop. (Y/N) doesn't feel that great so step aside and let him sit down." Max said sternly. The fuck happened with him? Nikki moved aside and let me and Max walk over to where they were sitting before. Both Nikki and Neil followed behind us and sat down, while me and Max sat at the other side of the table, facing them.

"I'll go grab you some water." Max muttered, taking the empty coffee mug he had left on the table. I nodded and sat there awkwardly.

"What has gotten into Max? He's suddenly so... weird." Neil said, feeling confused. I shrugged. The three of us stayed in an awkward and uncomfortable silence, then ending when Max came back. He handed me the mug, now filled with water.

"Thanks..." I muttered with a small smile on my face.

"It was nothing..." Max said, putting a hand behind his neck and looking away. (OMFG THESE TWO ARE SO FUCKING AWKWARD-)

"Uh... EHEM. You guys done with your little 'moment'?" Neil suddenly interrupted. I blushed lightly, but shook it off quickly.

"Oh, err... sorry..." I muttered, sipping a bit of water. David suddenly bursted through the mess hall doors excitedly.

"Hello, campers! All of you should be finishing with your breakfast soon! We don't wanna miss going on that hike today, don't we?" David said cheerfully. Everyone groaned in unison, except for Nikki, of course. She was about to go flying through the fucking roof. I stood up and walked over to David.

"Hey, uh... David? Is it okay if I stay here? I'm not feeling so great..." I muttered.

"What's wrong?" He asked, kneeling down.

"I-I... I'm just tired, that's all... I didn't get to sleep last night and I think I'd pass out if I went on that hike." I lied. I was not about to tell him about what just actually happened, he would be all over me. Last thing I want is for him to be barging in into my tent every five seconds to see if I'm okay.

"Fine. You may stay here and rest in your tent, but only this once." David said, standing back up.

"Although you can't stay alone, so you'll have to stay with another camper since Gwen isn't here..." David said, spacing out.

"Ah! Harrison! Could you and Nerris stay with (Y/N) while the rest of us go on the hike?" David asked, shouting from across the mess hall. I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed, then seeing that both of them gave each other dirty glares. The fuck? Nerris stood up and made her way over to where me and David were, so did Harrison.

"I, Nerris The Cute, shall accept the duty of serving as your guardian and sorcerer, sir (Y/N)." She bowed.

"Err.. thanks..." I smiled awkwardly, feeling uncomfortable.

'I guess Neil isn't the only nerd here...'  I thought.

"And I will make sure you will be entertained, with..." He took some sort of magician wand and waved it in front of my face. "Magic!" Suddenly, a bunch of confetti came out of the wand, startling me.

'This is going to be a long day...'

.

.

.

-Please make sure to vote! Gud bai for now! ;w;-