Chapter 6

-things are about to get interesting-

Max's POV

"You don't like who, Max?" (Y/N) asked curiously as he sat down next to me.

"Oh.. uhh... nobody..." I gulped nervously, trying to sound as normal and pissed off as possible. He just shrugged.

'What if Neil was right? Do I like him? Wait- of course not... He's a damn boy for fuck's sake! I'm not even sure if I'm gay or not... and I'm not sure if he is either...' I started getting lost in my thoughts.

"Anyway... so, (Y/N)..." Neil said, smirking. I gave him a quick glare, hoping (Y/N) didn't notice.

"What were you up to this morning?" Neil asked. I mentally let out a sigh of relief.

"Eh... not much..." (Y/N) shrugged.

(Y/N)'s POV

(ok so this is gonna take place while the trio is inside the mess hall in the last chapter. I don't blame you if you're lost... ;w;)

I stomped out of the tent and hid behind a tree, waiting for Max to go out of the tent. I saw him walk out of the tent and waited for a few seconds, then looking around and sprinting over to the tent.

"Okay. Now that I'm alone... what can I use as blackmail..." I looked around as I rubbed my hands together mischievously. I had to get Max back somehow, he does deserve it, after all.

I walked around Max's bed, looking for anything that I could use against him. I was ruffling through the sheets, when I happened to find a torn out stuffed bear which was hidden under the sheets. I cringed at the thought of Max having a teddy bear and picked it up.

'He seriously owns a teddy bear? Sheesh... first he's edgy and rude, and now he's just plain weird. What is he, a five year-old?'  I laughed quietly. (Edit: Alright, lemme clear some stuff up about what I wrote above this. I hope I didn't offend anyone, let's be honest, I seriously didn't know what to type so I wrote that.. I've already seen a bunch of people saying how they have stuffed animals and such, and let me say this: i OwN sTufFed aNimAls tOo— Anyway, I'll stop rambling now so y'all can continue reading. Sorry..! :') )

I took the stuffed bear and hid it under all my clothes inside my duffel bag. I heard some rustling nearby. I zipped up my duffel bag and threw it under my bed. I stepped out of the tent, not trying to look suspicious as I headed towards the mess hall.

(Back inside the mess hall) Max's POV

"Yup... not much at all..." (Y/N) muttered.

"Err... so, anyway, what were you guys talking about?" (Y/N) asked, changing the topic completely.

"Nothing." I grumbled, sipping from my coffee and at the same time, glaring at both Nikki and Neil to not say anything.

"Sheesh, no need to be so grouchy all the time..." (Y/N) mumbled.

"Hey (Y/N), wanth sthome?" Nikki said with her mouth full of mush, grabbing a spoon and scooping some of it.

"E-Err... no thanks..." (Y/N) muttered, backing away. He looked sick.

"You shhure? C'mon, thry sthome!" Nikki waved the spoon full of mush in front of         (Y/N)'s face.

(Y/N) pushed the spoon back, holding his stomach.

"You okay there (Y/N)?" Neil asked in a concerned way.

"Uh... Yeah. I-I'm fine. I-I'm gonna go outside." (Y/N) quickly got up and walked out of the mess hall.

"What was all that about?" Neil asked, confused.

"I'm gonna go see..." I mumbled quietly. What was he up to...?

"Oooh Maxie~" Nikki cooed.

"Oh shut the fuck up and just choke on that damn mush already." I growled at her.

"Sheesh, Max. That was harsh." Neil muttered, comforting Nikki, who felt a bit down after that comment.

"Don't care." I shrugged, leaving my empty coffee mug on the table and walking out of the mess hall with my hands inside my hoodie's pocket.

When I got out of the mess hall, my whole expression changed from rude, to fucking worried instantly. I searched around to see where (Y/N) went, hoping nothing was wrong.

That's when I saw him.

He was throwing all of his guts up at the side of the mess hall. I rushed over to him as fast as I could, feeling even more worried.

"(Y/N), are you okay..?!" I asked hesitantly.

"What do you think... asshole..." He grumbled weakly as he held his stomach, shaking.

"What happened..?"  I asked, helping him walk over to a bench nearby to sit on. We both sat at the bench quietly.

"I-It's just..." He stopped talking. He was trembling. He adverted his gaze over at me, with a weak, yet serious look on his face.

"D-Do you promise to not tell anyone, please?"

I nodded.

(Y/N)'s POV

"I-I..." I stuttered quietly.

'Should I tell him? What if he's just playing a fucking trick on me again? What if he's messing with me..?!'

"(Y/N)? You alright...?" Max asked me. Was he actually... concerned..?

"You don't need to tell me if you don't want to. I get it if you still hate me for all the shit I've done..." Max said, kicking some pebbles on the ground.

"N-No, I..." I took a deep breath, and continued speaking.

"I'm anorexic. You probably noticed when you barged in on me changing..." I muttered, my face awkwardly heating up just thinking about that embarrassing moment.

"A-and, it has gotten to the point to where just looking at food just makes me want to throw up... and... I hate it..." I muttered, trembling. I hugged myself, tears threatening to fall.

Max wrapped his arm around me, trying to comfort me.

"I just want to change... b-but I can't... it's impossible..." I mumbled, my voice breaking.

"Don't worry... it's okay. Nothing is impossible. You just got to keep trying." Max said, trying to make me feel better.

I turned over and hugged Max, crying softly onto his chest. He froze for a moment, not expecting the sudden move. He hugged me back after some seconds. At that moment he felt warm, it made me feel safe.

"Don't worry. Everything is okay... it's alright." Max comforted me, his voice went from firm and annoying to soothing and calming. It felt different. I hugged him tightly, pulling away from the warmth and wiping my tears from my face.

"Th-Thanks..." I stuttered quietly.

"You wanna head back inside the mess hall..?" He asked. He sounded completely different. This does not sound like the rude and grouchy boy I met before. He sounded like someone completely different. Like if he were to have changed personalities out of nowhere.

"Mhm..." I nodded quietly. Max got up and held out his hand. I grabbed it and stood up, walking back over to the mess hall with him.

'Maybe he isn't that bad after all...'

.

.

.

-HOoooOoOooOoooOooooOOOooOOly sHit. Things got different real fast. Also, how the hecc is this story already #4 on campcamp??? (Edit: I checked it today and it changed- now is #29 on maxxreader)(Yet another edit: Wait now it's #3 in max... wtf?) .0. Anywaysssss, I'll possibly update another chapter tomorrow. GuD bAi-