Chapter 58: The Birth (EP. 02)

"Your majesty, keep your eyes open!"

"We can't afford to lose you!"

Don't you die on us, woman. Your husband will most definitely turn us into ashes, or skin us alive.

"P-please... Send my h-husband in. I'm b-begging you." Came the queen's exhausted response, "P-please." She breathed weakly. She withered in pain, shutting her eyes tightly in its overdose.

The surgeons exchanged unsure looks before opening the burn-marked door, letting in a bursting fire king to croon over his weakened wife.

He pressed a kiss to her forehead comfortingly, holding her hand in his, "Are you alright, minn elska?" He asks, brushing out her platinum blond hair.

But his senses had been alarmed that something is wrong with her.

Terribly.

"L-lover, listen to me."

"I'm all ears, snowflake." He smiled, his fingers massaging the back of her hand.

"I'm dying.."

Aiden's entire world stops, his emerald green eyes losing life all suddenly. His muscles tensed, gasps of shock escaping his lips as he longed to put them on his wife's now colorless ones.

Fear returned like a monster, his grip on her weak hand tightening as he croaked out, "I-i..."

"B-baby, I'm dying. I don't- I c-can't-I want to see our children," she rasped, tears visible in those gorgeous blue orbs, "I w-want to live. B-but I'm losing a lot of blood."

"And they couldn't stop the damn bleeding?!" Aiden screamed, "Why?! Am I brought to life to suffer?!"

"H-honey, it's not like that..."

"I'm tired of it, Elsa! I'm so, damn tired of getting this crap in life!"

Elsa winced after her name left his mouth.

"... B-but why?" Aiden sobbed, "Why are you willing to leave me? A-and our baby? You promised me, snowflake."

You promised.

You damn promised.

You swore.

You swore to life that you wouldn't do the same mistake I did.

Elsa smiled weakly, bringing her hand to caress his cheek, her thumb wiping away the hot tears streaming down her beloved's face.

"I can't r-raise our child alone."

I know, lover. I know... I k-know..

"Please s-stay.." Aiden pleaded, his lip quivering as he pressed his forehead against hers with deep cries, his skin meeting her lifeless own. His tears stained her palm as he yearned to kiss it, heavy breaths and the scent of blood mixing as the surgeons pushed him out of the room frantically, his angered pounds meeting the oak.

He kneeled helplessly before the door, his tears dropping and landing on the hardwood floor. He angrily balled his fists once again and punched the door, regretting he lived through muttered words. Kristoff and Agnarr worriedly tore him away from the door, their looks of assurance leaving him no effect.

"SNOWFLAKE NO!" He yelped hopelessly, his muscular arms hugging his knees as he thrashed on the floor.

"Aiden, buddy, pull yourself together," Kristoff firmly spoke to him as he stiffly gripped the fire king's shoulders, "This isn't what Elsa would want."

"I KNOW!" Aiden furiously yelled, "IS IT WRONG TO PREVENT MY WIFE FROM DOING THE SAME MISTAKE I ALMOST DID TO HER?!"

Agnarr sighs sadly, "No, son, but-"

"Then tell me, all of you. What would you feel if your wife is dying?" Aiden sobbed, "What would you feel like if you will return to your old, lifeless ways?"

What will you feel like if your other half is being taken away from you?

"Son... I'm so sorry."

Anna carefully kneeled down before the fire king, "If... If it makes you feel any better, hold them. Hold what you and my sister created, Aiden."

Aiden lifted his chin from his arms slowly, his emerald eyes catching a glimpse of two, small white bundles cradled in his sister in law's arms. His sobs suddenly came to an end as Anna smiled comfortingly at him, gently putting one bundle in his arms.

Auriana. My little Auriana...

This tiny infant is what he and Elsa had greedily been waiting for, this small little creature that has wisps of Elsa's platinum blond hair; and his striking emerald green eyes. Her skin was of course rosy and red, the evidence of blood. Her tiny little arms waved at him, her squinted puffy eyes out of focus where to look at.

Before he can breath out another sob (a happy one) Anna delicately handed him another bundle of joy, his emerald green eyes widening once he held another infant, this time the opposite gender.

Chandler, He thought blissfully, it's what your mother wished to name you.

He held the little boy's frail body, his fingers caressing the tuft of black hair on the infant's crown. It felt painful to stare into those similar blue eyes his son had inherited from his mother, but Chandler was perfect otherwise.

"T-they're perfect," Aiden breathed, "I.. We, I can't-I can't believe Elsa and I created these two.."

Iduna smiled tearfully as Aiden gave her one of the two, "They're beautiful, son. Congratulations."

Anna laughs heavily with tears, turning to Aiden, "What do you wish to name them?"

With a shaky breath, he answered, "Auriana, and Chandler."

"They fit so well," Agnarr smiled, "Elsa would be thrilled. It's what you two agreed to name them, isn't it?"

Aiden nodded with a wince upon hearing his wife's name, "Yes. Indeed."

"She's a strong woman, Aiden. I know her to her very core," Anna sniffles, "She doesn't leave people behind that easily."

Aiden chuckled bitterly, "I hope so."

"No, Aiden. I know so."