Chapter 57: The Birth (EP. 01)

Eight months later...

"I look like a balloon."

"No, you don't. You're pregnant."

"I'm ugly."

"No, you're not. You're a goddess. You're carrying our heir, your body will return to its former state right after the birth." Aiden chuckled, brushing his nose against her hair, "You make an adorable pregnant person with your small frame."

Elsa scrunched her nose, forming a scowl, "I am not small. I am almost as tall as you are."

"My lovely wife..."

Aiden bent down to her stomach's height, planting a kiss on it, "Any day now."

Elsa giggled, "Indeed, lover. I wouldn't mind both, though. What if there are two little guys in there?" She hummed.

"I wouldn't mind, really. The more the merrier." He smirked, "I'd love them entirely, too. I mean, I've built the nursery with the help of Kristoff and your father, and the crib is big enough for two."

"You promised me that he or she will sleep in our bedroom until he or she is a toddler."

"Of course, dear. The nursery is merely a bonus. Admit it, you love my interior design skills when I showed you the room."

"I did, and it'll serve as our child's playground, nothing more. I want my child to familiarize herself or himself with his or her parents' scent." Elsa smiled.

Aiden kissed her cheek, "You're going to be a great mother, snowflake. I know so. Our child is damn lucky."

Elsa chuckled, "I love you~"

"I love you too~" Aiden sang back, rubbing her stomach, "Too much that it's unhealthy."

Elsa laughed, ruffling her husband's hair. Gods above, she is obsessed with this beautiful man beside her. For the past eight months he was nothing but an in command puppy ready for whatever she requests. He gave her nightly back massage even though it's a fact that he's exhausted because of the council and the paperwork, but he wanted his wife comfortable nonetheless. It almost seems like if Elsa moves a single muscle she'll break.

Anna kept singing to Elsa's stomach every now and then, especially her favorite Do You Wanna Build A Snowman? Elsa had always pinch her cheeks gleefully and reply, "He or she will love you, and Olaf."

Agnarr and Iduna are ready to spoil their grandchild with trinkets, on the other hand. Agnarr had been developing shopping habits with his brunette wife, and most of the baby's nursery's toys are bought by them. He used to shop with Iduna in vain; since his arms will experience another one of it's numbness carrying shopping bags. But with his grand child on the way, he switched from vain to bouncing energy, even helping Iduna choose between colors.

Everyone is well aware of the words "The baby is coming!" Or "The Queen's water broke!" And every member of the Royal Family is taught emergency advances if ever Elsa is left with them alone.

Olaf is the most excited to meet the little tyke, his grin everyday so wide as he played a very risky "Catch the Carrot" game with his reindeer friend. He loves to give Elsa his famous warm hugs, commenting how "Fluffy" her belly is.

Cyra has been tasked to be Elsa's personal watch bird whenever Aiden is not around; and the phoenix has been nothing but a hawk watching the Queen's movements around. She followed the ice queen's every move, almost squawking in false alarm if ever Elsa shivers in slight pain after the baby's occasional kicks.

Elsa suddenly winced.

Aiden smiled nervously, "Love, are you alright? You seem uncomfortable."

"A-aiden, lover..." She huffed, clutching her stomach, "... My water just broke."

She winced once again, this time in true pain. Aiden's eyes widened, his confidence shrinking into a small size. He quickly scooped up his wife to his arms, dashing out of their bedroom in a careful way to not harm any delicate detail about water breaking.

Beads of sweat trickled down Aiden's forehead, as he nervously noticed the tears of pain in Elsa's eyes. It hurts his heart thoroughly to see her cry in pain, her heavy breaths almost like the end of him.

"INGRID! THE QUEEN HAS GONE INTO LABOR!" Aiden yelled at the top of his lungs, carefully laying down his wife on the infirmary bed.

"We're doing this together, my love. You'll be okay. Don't panic..." Aiden soothed, getting a damp cloth and wiping Elsa's sweaty forehead. Elsa's hand were wrapped around his own, her tight squeeze affecting his panic to grow even more.

The medic finally recovered from shock, snapping on some rubber gloves and instructing the queen.

A few other medics entered the room, all masked in white. They turned to Aiden with a firm look, "Your Majesty, we insist that you exit the room, the Queen needs to focus on pushing out the child."

"And what makes you think I'll do that?!" Aiden growled.

"Sire, please." Ingrid pleaded.

Aiden huffed angrily and exited the infirmary, folding his arms in annoyance. He sighed and jogged up to gather the rest of the family, to inform them about Elsa's current state.

It wasn't long until Anna and Kristoff got to know what Elsa is going through. Iduna and Agnarr were reading quietly in the gardens under the gazebo, then sprang up to action after receiving the news.

Lots of the maids are already fussing up towels, warm water and clean white cloths for the arrival of the baby. They patiently stood beside the sitting Royal Family, excited smiles gracing their lips as they chattered quietly about the incoming royal heir.

"Her majesty will finally be a mother!"

"I bet it would be a little princess!"

"No, Gerda, it will be a handsome prince, I'm telling you!"

Anna grinned as she heard the conversation between the two maids, even she herself couldn't believe that her sister is finally giving birth to her own child. It makes her tearful, to say the least. Was it just years before she kept knocking on her sister's door; asking for her company. Those were a painful thirteen years, but they survived through every challenge, and now... Elsa is giving life to a baby. Her baby. Her niece or nephew, or maybe both.

Adrenaline ran through Aiden's veins, his gloves damp with sweat in his palms. He is nervous, very nervous. This is a new step he is willing to take with his wife, but he can't say he is completely ready. But like they always say, one step at a time.

All thoughts stopped after their ears heard the cry of a newborn; a blessing echoing to their ears—marking the arrival of the heir to the throne.