Chapter 31. A Call to War

Start from the beginning

Before the meeting I went to visit my mother. She was still in the pack house with guards. She was looking better every day physically. Mentally, she was having a rough time. She was having a hard time adjusting and trusting others, the trauma she had been through left it's mark. Most nights when I checked on her she was crying.

When I opened the door she put the book she was reading down and smiled at me. I never tired of seeing her smile. She patted the bed for me to sit next to her, I hugged her then sat down.

The color was starting to come back to her skin as her body was filling back in. She was covered in scars but her wounds and bruises had healed. Her face wasn't sunken in like it was and she was showing emotions, although it never reached her eyes unless I was around. I feared everything she had been through was too much on her.

"Mother, there are people who would like to come see you." I started, her head snapped up and her eyes narrowed with suspicion. "Theodore and Rose, Thomas came with them. I wanted to ask you if you were up for visitors?"

She seemed to mull it over but eventually agreed and I left to get them. Once they saw my mother, Rose broke down in tears and hugged her, Theodore seemed hurt as well. I left them to catch up, I needed to work to focus on the task ahead anyway.

A few hours later everything was ready outside and we called everyone to join us. I was surprised to see my mother accompany Thomas and the others. Everyone settled into their spots. I took a deep breath and walked onto the make shift stage.

"My name is Noel Silver-Lincoln. I am the white wolf. I am the mate of Alpha Michael and the Luna of the Lincoln Heights pack. I am the daughter of former councilwoman and hybrid: Nymeriah, and the former councilman and former alpha of Silver Moon Pack: Orion Silver. I was hidden away for most of my life to protect me from those who would seek to destroy or influence me. I have spent an unending amount of time training, I am always seeking to learn more. I have come to you today with grave news and to ask for you to join us."

"Alpha Jackson is an evil man. He is also a white wolf. Alpha Jackson took over my father's previous pack and used it for an unending list of evils. He killed my father and kidnapped my mother. He tortured my mother, and forced her to bear his children. He has gone against our laws. He is controlling rogues and putting them against us. He had been building an army. I believe he wishes to rule our world. Even if it kills me I will not bow down to this man."

"Do not think that this hasn't, or won't, effect you and your loved ones because it will. Jackson has been kidnapping women and forcing them to bear him children. We don't know who, or how many he has done this to but we know it's happened many, many times. He wants to rule us all. I for one refuse to sit back and let him take over. He is not fit for anything besides death."

"As the white wolf I will do everything in my power to defeat this vile man. I need to know if you will stand with us. You can try to stay out of this war but you'll not be successful. A line has been drawn and you must chose a side. I will right the wrong that Jackson has done in this world. I will go through every single person who stands in my way. This is the beginning of the end for Jackson."

"There has never been a war like this, between two white wolves. Usually there is never more than one living at a time. I believe my purpose in this life, is to bring down Jackson. He has unbalanced the world. As long as there is breath in my lungs, I will fight for you. Will you fight for yourselves and your loved ones? Join me to save ourselves!"

I spoke with power and conviction. Letting my powerful aura trail out around me. I was impressed with myself, I just hoped it was enough. I stepped off the stage, the adrenaline was fading and I was beginning to feel exhausted. Michael took my place on the stage, followed by the council.

"If anyone would like to discuss matters privately, please seek us out and we will arrange it." Michael said quickly before walking to me and hugging me tightly, I could feel the love radiating off of him. He was proud of me.

"Anyone who is ready, we have decided to do blood oaths. This is a very tricky war and we need no betrayals. If you are ready to pledge your loyalty step forward and we will start the blood oaths with the white wolf. The blood oath will consist only of loyalty to the white wolf during this war, once the war is over you will be freed of your oath." One of the male council members I didn't know boomed out. He was a witch.

Michael had explained to me before what a blood oath was when he learned the council planned on doing them. It was basically making a promise and sealing it with blood. If the person tried to act against it, it would kill them.

They would bear a small mark on the palm of their hand. Anyone with the mark could smell the scent on the others with the mark. It was serious business but it was needed. Originally the council wanted the oath made to them, but Michael had intervened and refused it. It took convincing but eventually the council gave in.

Several took the oath that night, Thomas' leaders were the first. Over the next few days several of the others followed suit, even Amy's coven leader. By the end of the week, all of the supernatural leaders had taken the oath, with the exception of 2 vampire covens, 1 witch coven, and 3 packs. They had all snuck out of the pack house at different times.

I didn't mind that they didn't want the oath per say, I just hoped that it didn't mean they were with alpha Jackson.