It's date night

The new chapter is here! Not much action, but I hope you still find it readable :) 

I love Anton and Howard's relationship. 

Chapter 17 – It's date night

I had thought of it subconsciously. But I hadn’t believed it, because the human mind is capable of imagining things many times worse. And I hadn’t thought it could be real. There was always a chance, but I had shrugged it off.

Before Lorcan could mock me any further, I took the bottle and left, quickening my steps, so I’d get back to the dorm as soon as possible, as fast as possible.

Anton was already there, putting books on the table, and he was pleasantly surprised to see me. But the smile on his lips faded when he saw my terrified eyes. I shut the door and locked it, letting out a breath.

“You’re scaring me,” he says, but there’s a glint in his eyes.

“I just ran into Lorcan in the bathroom,” I explain and walk to Anton, then set the bottle down, so I wouldn’t drop it. I take a deep breath. “Who is Lynn?” I need to know if he knows.

He just looks at me confusedly. “I don’t know.”

“Jocelyn, isn’t it?” I say simply. “He mentioned Lynn, and when I didn’t understand, he said ‘she hasn’t even mentioned me, classic’. And at first my mind refused to believe he was talking about Jocelyn. No one calls her that, but-“

“But what?” Anton asks.

“But I kind of figured Lorcan was her boyfriend,” I finally say quietly. Neither of us can comprehend, but we know her secret now. “Remember when we got those cigarettes for her? And then you so casually said that Lorcan had been to her house.” He nods. “We had given him the perfect opportunity to go and harass her.”

“Fuck!” Anton blurts and sits back on his bed. He scratches the back of his neck and sighs. “We are jerks.”

I walk to sit next to him. “Yes, we are,” I agree and lean against the wall. “I don’t blame her for not wanting to tell us that. I can only imagine what she went through in that relationship.” I frown. “No, actually, she told me a bit about it. So I have an image. But there is no way that was Lorcan. What she told me was a description of a normal boy.”

“That’s not Lorcan,” Anton shakes his head. “I think we’ve made that clear that Lorcan isn’t normal. I mean, even his name is weird; like he’s a wicked fairy prince who destroys the hearts of innocent human girls.”

I smile at him and rest my head on his shoulder. We have to protect Jocelyn, though. There is no telling what Lorcan will do next.

“But how do we keep him from destroying her heart?” Anton whispers and takes my hand.

There is no answer because Jocelyn’s heart is already in pieces.

“We just have to be there to catch her if she falls,” I reply.

Meanwhile we are getting ready for out date. I have already put on my best clothes, and I sneak a look at Anton as he changes into something more special. I know he knows I'm looking. And I guess we are both excited by it. 

We put the table in the middle of the room, so we can sit on each other’s beds (I don’t know why we made the change, but here we are – me on Anton’s bed, and he’s on mine), and it would be like in the restaurant, staring each other from across the table. There is wine and there is a bowl of grapes. It’s as romantic as it can get. Anton chuckles and I shake my head, unable to hold back the smile.