Chapter fifteen - The Boy At My Door

Astrid's P.O.V
I made it through the day. The rush of embarrassment and being late to my classes on the first day of school. I'm chilling on my bed, scrolling through my feed as a snow is being whipped up into a storm. My mom keeps telling me, I should finish unpacking, but I don't want too, it's my room and I can do what I want with it.
I hear the wind whistling outside. It's super loud, so I decide to listen to music. I dig my wireless earbuds out and shove them in my ears.

Where do we go from here? Where do we go from heeeerrreee?!
A threw some rocks up at your window, I broke some rocks right through your window.

Timber timber were falling down! Let the forest hear out sound! Boom ba doom ba doom! Ah oh wa oh!Boom ba doom da doom!ah oh wa oh! Why can I see what's right in front of me?
We fall,We fall, we fall.
We fall, we faaaalllll.
We fall, we faaalllll.
We fall, we faaaaalllll.

Silence
It's been a long time coming coming.
Seeming like we've all been running running.
Feeling like the Wild West gunning gunning.
Listen to our elders shunning shunning
flipping on the news be talking talking.
All input the problem shocking shocking.
We put on our head phones walking walking
We put on our headphones.
Where do we all go wrong?!
Love
Love
Love
....

Chance walks into the room with a weird look on his face. "Someone's here for you!" He screams noticing my earbuds. I rip them off and slug my way downstairs. I reach the door and open it expecting for Jake.
"Hey, J- Aiden?!"
"Don't shut the door, Astrid. I want to talk about everything. I need someone to talk to" Aiden says as Chance comes down the stairs, and noticing who it is his face turns to fury and walks over to me. His fists clenched up.
"I thought it was Jake" Chance whispers watching Aiden cautiously as he wipes his nose with his sleeve. "Can I punch him?" Chance whispers
Me being the nice person I am, rejected. Also because my parents are home, and we'll be grounded for life.
"No"
"Why?"
"1; Parents, 2; He seems sorry. But I promise, he'll never make it up to me. It's impossible"
"Fine miss nice pants" he snarls as Aiden watches us waiting for an invite inside. Then my mom comes around the corner and comes over to us. I elbow Chance to stop the whole 'angry dog' face and the heavy breathing.
"Who's this?" My mom says in interest. I have no clue what to say, but Aiden thankfully answers for me. "My name is Aiden Paulman. I just moved here" He puts on the innocent new kid act. "Well, welcome, we just moved here too. Where do you happen to live?"
"I live on the main road, but my mom drives me in when she heads to work" "and how did you and my kids meet?" "Me and Astrid got a tour from the same person; Jake"
"Jake is a nice boy. Come in, it looks chilly out there"
Now I can hear Chance growling under his breath.
Aiden walks in towards my mom cautiously.
"So, what brings you here?"
"I was just wondering if Astrid wants to hang out?" Aiden says calmly.
"Okay, Astrid, I'll leave you with Aiden. Chance leave them" my mom says noticing Chances anger towards Aiden.
After they leave I just look at Aiden with one eyebrow up expecting him to start rambling.
"Astrid.." he finally starts looking down at his feet"I know I told you, but I'm so guilty for what I did"
I lean over to Aiden's ear, since I'm afraid my mom is listening to our conversation.
"Let's go to my room and talk" I say and drag him up the stairs, not giving him time to take off his shoes or coat.
We reach my room and I rip his coat off and gesture to his shoes. He just flops on my bed and let's me take his shoes off. He's smiling to himself as my hands wrap around his Vans and pull them off.
"You know it's not the best thing to wear Vans in winter right?"
"Yup. And did you know you don't have to pull my shoes off, you don't have to do anything for me" he says pulling his other leg and ripping off his other shoe. He places it beside his other shoe and folds his coat that I ripped off of him.
"Oh" I say quietly. I've always been so used to taking his stuff off, that sometimes I catch myself helping my mom take her stuff off and she usually questions why I'm kneeling beside her trying to lift her foot up.
"I know it's a change, but I changed. In a good way, and I want to be a good person." He smiles.
"I know your trying, but you will NEVER make it up to me" I huff going to the other side of the room, plopping down on my chair and I spin around to see Aiden with tears streaming down his cheeks. I've only seen Aiden crying once before;

Flashback;
"Astrid, come on, your being a slow fucking snail!" Aiden screams as we are walking to who knows where. We just passed a the little cafe called 'Serene's Cafe'. He's yanking in my arm and pulls me over to his side making me almost trip. He pulls his other hand right beside his other hand. One twists one way, with the other twisting the other way. It burns. Whenever I do something wrong he always gives me a punishment and if I whine from the pain, then I'll get it worse. Tears are bubbling in my eyes and I push them back in bowing my head and watching my feet as I hurry to catch up.

"hey Astrid" I hear another voice say in s flirty type way. I look up to find a boy our age walking towards us. I've seen him around school a couple times, but I can't remember his name. I stand there with a blank look on my face.

"Your dating Stephen?!" Aiden screams and lets go of my arm. He strides over to Stephen without an answer from me and punches him right in the face. His nose starts bleeding and the grass below him is staining, as well as his clothes. A fire of anger fumes up in Stephan. His brows furrow, and his lips press into a line. His arm swings up and punches Aiden's guts.
Aiden is more on the scrawny side and can't take that much. I'm more weak and if I had enough muscles and nerves, then I would of beat up him already, but I can't stand punching someone, or even being mean. Sometimes I just have to, or it comes naturally, but then I feel really guilty after.
Aiden falls onto the side walk. He's striving for air and moaning as Stephen stares down at him and for one last effect he stands on his arm. I hear something crack. Me being the nice person I am didn't care about Stephen a bit even though he's way nicer then Aiden. I think.
"I saved you Astrid, how about you come with me"
" Even though I don't like Aiden doesn't mean you have to kill him!"
"I didn't kill him" he snarls, as I'm getting to the ground to find Aiden with tears falling down his face, and his moaning along with noises of pain.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm. Uh. sorry. For. Uh. Every. Uh. Thing. I. Uh. Did. To. You. " He says in between his breaths of air.
I help Aiden up to his feet, I bring him into his house fix him up and my mom texts me saying she has news. I head home, and I distinctly remember my mom's words.
"Honey, the manager is kicking us out. Me and Jim found a house in Markwin. It'll be a new fresh start"
End of flash back
___________________________
Heyo! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did please comment, vote, and share!
I hope to see you next time!
-Gabrielle