6.

If it was even possible, Colby and Bexley got closer in the following weeks. It still fully hadn't set in with Colby that he had a daughter.

Rebecca was walking down the hall to the locker room at the venue for the live event that night when she felt herself being lifted off her feet and pulled into an empty meeting room.

She was placed on her feet and turned around to be met with the face she'd seen more of in the last two weeks than she ever had.

"I thought you had the night off?" Rebecca questioned and wrapped her arms around his neck while his rested on her lower back

"What.. your not happy to see me?" Colby pouted

"I saw you two hours ago before I left the hotel" she said "and your supposed to be watching our daughter.. which I don't see her with you"

"Oh hush.. she's with Ashley" he said and placed his lips on hers

Rebecca and Colby had also gotten closer. They were together.. but according to them they weren't 'together'. They were still trying to sort out everything and figure out what they wanted.. which was each other, it just wasn't obvious.

"Maybe we should stop sneaking around" Rebecca said after she pulled away "just say fuck it and not hide"

"I thought we weren't a couple?" Colby raised an eyebrow "I thought we were best friends who secretly make out and have sex"

"Or we could be a couple who don't have any secrets" Rebecca suggested "unless you like sneaking around.." she whispered and gently placed her lips back on his

Before things got too heated, Joe swung the door open causing the two to break apart quickly. Colby quickly shifted and placed Rebecca in front of him for.. obvious reasons.

"Uh I think Ashley needs you, something about kid jumped off ring, hurt.. I don't know there was too much screaming to hear her" Joe said uncomfortably "oh and Colby.. your not very subtle"

Rebecca didn't care what else Joe had to say, she heard the word hurt and took off. Colby took off behind her but not before smacking his friend playfully on the back of the head.

When Rebecca reached the ring, Ashley was sitting on the floor with Bexley on her lap crying.

"What happened?" Rebecca asked Ashley and took Bexley into her own lap

"I hopped down off the apron and I guess she followed me.. she fell and started crying. I don't think she's hurt, I think it just scared her" Ashley explained

"Mommy" the little girl cried as she hung tightly to Rebecca

"I'm right here baby" Rebecca said and kissed Bexley's head "I'm right here"

About that time Colby ran up to them, out of breath..

"What happened?" He asked frantically, which Rebecca thought it was cute how much he cared

"She fell, it startled her a little but she isn't hurt" Rebecca explained and Colby let out a sigh of relief

"Daddy" Bexley said in between sobs and reached her little arms out towards him

Colby almost fell over but gained his composure and looked to Rebecca for confirmation of what he'd just heard. That was the first time she'd ever referred to him as her dad.. that moment was bittersweet and something he would commit to memory.

Colby took Bexley into his arms and held her tightly against his chest. In the few short weeks he'd spent with her, knowing the truth, she'd changed his life, stole his heart, and showed him love... the love of a father. 

Bexley stopped crying almost immediately when she was in Colby's arms, she looked over to her mother who was just smiling.

"Daddy made it all better, didn't he?" Rebecca asked and her daughter nodded

"He did.. but mommy makes it better too" she said and Rebecca smiled

It was in that moment that something clicked inside Rebecca. All these years just hearing the word 'mommy' come out of Bexley's mouth then all of a sudden 'daddy', it changed something for her.

Rebecca and Colby made eye contact for a split second and then they both knew that this was it for them. It may not have been obvious before.. but it was now, and neither of them were going to deny it any longer.