Chapter 6

Well today is the big day.

Yesterday I pack all my belongings into a bag Henry gave me to take with me to the academy.

As we stood in front of the academy, i feel like I am having a nervous breakdown. Dad moreover have tears in eyes. He tapped my head and give me a hug.

"Give your best Meera, there's an exciting experience holding up before you" said dad.
I nodded.

We head over to headmaster office. The magnificence of the academy never seem to astound me.
Dad knocked on Henry's office door once and after that we both entered.
Henry motion for us to sit and we take after suit.

"Are you ready Meera?"He  asked.
"Yes i am".
He handed me a yellow folder.

"It has your course plan and a map of the academy. Your locker number and pin" said Henry.

"What  about my room?" I asked.
" Eva will be here any minute, she will take you there" said Henry.

Just then there's a knock on the door and eva entered. She grinned sweetly at me and i returned one.

"Eva take Meera to the room and make sure everything is settled. Take the day off and show her everything".

"Yay , i get the day off. Come on Meera".
I look at dad with so much love my eyes tears up.

"I will be there Meera, go on" said dad encouragingly. I nodded and left with Eva.

"First we should take your bags to the dorm and set everything, also Kat should be there by now, then afterward we would hit the cafeteria" said Eva.

"Ok  cool" I replied.

We pass long corridor and after a couple turns head towards the stairs. Eva halt on the third floor, and explain that left side is for boys and right side is where girls dormitory. Our room is at the end of the hall.

She opened the door and enter and i take after suit. There are three beds, study table, chest drawers and a door which likely ought to be the washroom.

"So this is our room, left side bed is Kat's, center is mine , you'll have the window side. Also i have cleared a few shelves in the bathroom for you. So what do you think??" She asked.

" Its decent and beautiful" I said.

Just then the door open and a girl , likely Katlin entered.
"Hi, you must be Meera, I'm Katlin".
"Hello Katlin" i said.
She is a short pixie like girl with platinum blonde hair, she is very cute.

There is another knock on the door. Katlin open the door and there stood my dad.

"Dad , this place is decent" I said".
"No doubt it's great. Meera can you come over here" said dad.
"I'll  be back" I said.
I left the room and closed the door behind me.

"Meera your mother and I chose to give you a gift for your sixteenth birthday. Here take it".

He took out a little box from his pocket and handed to me. I opened the box and inside it is a little pendent with a red colored little gemstone.

"It's beautiful dad , I will always keep it with me" I said.
My eyes tears up and i embraced him furiously.

"Meera, its time for me to go" he release me and kissed my head.
"Okay , I'll miss you dad" i said while I wiped my eyes.
" I am always here Meera and Henry will be here for you".
" Bye dad" I said. He nodded and left.
I head back inside my room.

"Meera you're back, great. So now we should unpack your stuff first" said Katlin.
"Okay" I replied.

For the next two hours we made my bed, unpack my stuff and get to know each other. Both of them are outgoing but are very nice.
They told me about our professors and classes.

Also, like me and Eva , Katlin hasn't turn sixteen yet, But her birthday is following month then she will get her mark.

By the time we wrapped up, we all were pretty beat up.
Eva suggested that we should go to cafeteria. We agreed.

The entire cafeteria was packed. As we make our way to the food table, I realized everyone is watching me.
I attempted to look as confident as possible and look ahead.

"You're new here??" Asked a man, who is standing behind the counter.
"Yes, I'm Meera" I replied.
"Hello Meera I'm the chef here. My name is Charlie. So what do you wanna eat?" he asked.

I thought for a minute then said "surprise me".

He smile warmly at me then present me a plate with bacon, fries, pasta and little cup of ice cream. I take it while grinning.

"Thank you" i said.

Eva and Katlin take their usual , then we head at the table at the end which is their regular place.

I sit down next to Eva and look around. There is a table on the side from where a loud laughing noise is coming.

I look at the table and my eyes met with a pair of darkest blue colored eyes I have ever seen.

Tbc........................,..

...............................................................................

Author's note

Vote.comment.share
Thank you