Chapter 5

A loud knock on my door woke me up. After last night my entire body feels disoriented.
" Meera" , said dad.
"Come in" , i said.

The door open and dad enter the room. I sit up and rest my back against the headboard.

"Happy birthday my beautiful girl", said dad. He came toward the bed and engulf me into a embrace and kiss my hair.
"Thank you, dad", I said feeling overwhelmed.

On days like these, i miss my mother exceptionally much. But i am very much fortunate to have my dad with me.

Suddenly something occurred to me, "Dad, i got my mark" i said.

" Really, show me".

I showed him my wrist and he eagarly take it to look at it.
I observe my father closely to gauze his reaction. He look at my mark, and right away his face transform into a smile.

I realized that i have been holding my breath the entire time. I took a swallow of air and relaxed.

"You are a rider Meera. I am so happy for you. Your mother would be truly happy for you too" dad said.
His eyes are watering but smiling so wide, i fear his cheeks would probably be aching.

"Dad, what about my friends? What will everybody think about our sudden disappearance?" I asked.

"Don't  stress about that Meera. Edward had managed everything. He talked to your principal and clarify that we ought to move to other state due to my job"replied Dad.

"But  what about my friends??".
We had plans to celebrate my birthday today. They will be heart broken that i moved without telling them.

"Don't worry sweetie, let things settle down here first then, you'll be able to write them or one day you'll be able visit them also"said dad .

"Really ", i inquired with so much trust .

"Yes truly sweetie. Now get ready and come downstairs for breakfast".

Once again dad embraced me and cleared out .
I close my eyes and took a deep breath.           At least I will be able to write them letters, that thought made my heart feel way better.
With that  I decided to refresh up.

As i head towards kitchen, i heard a chirpy voice.
As i entered, my eyes land on the girl sitting next to Henry.
I took a minute to look her closely. She's very beautiful, with bubblegum pink hair and round face.

Who is she? I thought.

Like yesterday i cleared my throat.
"Good morning Henry".
" Morning sweetheart". Henry said as he stand up and make his way towards me.
"Happy birthday Meera" . He surprised me with a embrace.
"Thank  you" .

We make our way to the table.
"Meera  ,this is Eva Johnson. She also go to the academy" said Henry.
"Hello  Eva" I said.
" Hello Meera, its good to meet you and a very happy birthday" She said politely.
I murmured a thank you.

" Meera , Eva will go with you to the market for your dresses and required material for the at academy. Also I thought it would be better if you learn about the academy from a fellow student of your age" Henry said.

"That  would be great". I said while gesturing at both Henry and Eva.

" We will have so much fun. I adore shopping , also i have an amazing dressing sense, so it'll be a great time" she said enthusiastically.
"Also headmaster had promised me a new shield".

"  Shield ?? As in weapon???". I inquired half yelling at her.

"Meera ,relax sweetie. There will be a class for training like self defense. Nothing to fear around". Said dad reassuring me.

"Okay " , i said.

I chosen to let it slide for now. Eva and Henry talk about the books i should buy in the mean time i finished my breakfast.

"Meera , are you ready?" Inquired Henry.

"Yes".
As ready as i ever will be, I thought.

He take out a card and told me to utilize this for the payment. I took it and put it in my back pocket.

Eva then took my hand and we both left. Being with Eva put me completely at ease. She kind of reminds me of Elena and her carefree nature.
We took the cart just like the first night here.

"We should purchase the books and material to begin with, then we will have lots of time to get the clothes" Eva said happily.

"Okay . So tell me about yourself?" I  asked.

"I'm  a junior at the academy and i am a rider".

"I am a rider as well"  i said excitedly.

"Oh  that's awesome . It means we have classes together" she said happily.

We come to the market half an hour afterward. Till then i learned that, we have to stay in our dorms, and thank heavens Eva's room has one spare bed.

She is friends with this girl named Katlin, who also share the room with her. I hope that she will be as inviting as Eva.

The market is exceptionally expansive. As planned we purchase books and ink then cleared out for clothes.
They have clothes of the same fashion as on the other side.

I bought few jeans and shirts, tops, a pair of skirt, a coat, and a couple of shoes, flip-flops. And due to Eva's insistency i bought few dress cause a academy held few parties.

Then Eva showed me around place to place. By the time we head back to Henry's it's already been dark.

As we entered the living room dad and Henry stood up and sing along happy birthday. I noticed that a beautiful cake is on the table too.

I feel overwhelmed by the gesture. We all gather around and celebrate my birthday.

Never once in my mind i considered peace but being here with everyone tought me that life had my ups and downs but happiness will find you in sort of little things.

...............................................................................

Author's note

Vote.comment.share
Thank you