Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Dad had tears in his eyes but there was a wave of happiness on his face. He slowly bent down on his knees and kissed the ground.

I noticed around me that the soldiers are standing near the door, surprise was written on their faces. Everyone is talking "David is back", "David is back", but mistrust and disbelief is clear on their faces.

I take a step back, hugging myself. There’s a heavy breeze that swirls around me, but I don’t know if the chills on my arms are caused by the wind or seeing these people around us.

The scary man walked before us saying it is time to go to the academy.
We began to follow him and stopped in front of a cart that took us to the academy.
We sat in the cart and Dad introduced the scary man as "Mark hart".
I kindly said hello.

The ride to the academy was acclaimed. Tension was in the air. Mark, Dad and Edward were silently talking about the situation.

I am observing exterior the cart to pass my time. This place is comparative to home but more excessive.
An hour afterward i can see the academy. It's marvelous encompass by greenery.

By the time we reach the academy its been dusk. We head straight to the headmaster's office.

This place is like a royal residence with enormous entryways, windows and hundreds of rooms. We come to exterior a room and check thumped on the entryway.
A moment afterward a really tall man stood on front of us. He looked toward father and run toward him and said "Welcome Nephew".

'Nephew?'..... This man is of the same age as dad.

This cannot be happening right now., Dad has a family here.
"How are you David?"asked headmaster.
"I am very well Henry. I would like you to meet my daughter Meera"said dad signaling towards me.
"Hello" I said with a nod.
"Come here child let me look at you. You're one lovely youthful lady. I am your father's uncle but you ought to call me Henry like everybody" he said.
I immediately take a liking towards him.

"Are you a dragon as well?" i asked meekly.
"Yes, I am child" he said before he turned towards dad and told him to explain the situation.

Edward said he is taking off since he has other things to handle. Mark too cleared out saying he has got to return.
Me and Dad take after Henry into the room which looks like a office. He sit behind the work area and we sit within the front chairs.

Dad said that he will clarify the circumstance to Henry after he clear certain things with me.Henry said go ahead.
I brace myself for the most exceedingly bad. My heart begun beating so quick.

"Thousands of a long time back human and dragons lived together. But a few got to be against this and begun slaughtering  them.

At that point we decided to live independently into seclusion. Hence we build a place to our-self, the 'Eternal' and protect it with a door called 'Sanctum'.

I was born here. When i was ten years old my parents were slaughtered amid a fight. Since at that point i lived with Henry.

I had my tutoring in this academy. I met your mother here and married here as well. You were born here as well . But one day an Oracle made a prophecy about you and a few awful people learn about that.
They came after us and in that they murdered your mother, so i ran from here to protect you and begun living in human side.

At sixteen on your birthday you may find out whether you'll be a dragon or a rider. I was anxious of this so i reached with Edward and asked him to make arrangements of our return to Eternal securely" said dad.

I sat firmly all through the story. My hands are sweating. My mouth has gone dry.

"So mother was your rider?" I inquired.
"Yes, she was" replied dad.
I looked at Henry for a response, but he sat quietly there observing me.

"Who are those people that are after us?" I asked.
But before dad can answer, Henry said "You don't need to stress about that, you're safe here now".

"So tomorrow i will discover out whether i am a dragon or a rider?" i asked.
"Yes", said dad.
"What happens on the off chance that i am a dragon. Will I change into one promptly?" I inquired envisioning the horror of getting to be one.

"No Meera", dad said silently laughing." On your sixteen birthday a mark will show up on your wrist like the one in mine.
The pattern of the mark will determine whether you will be a dragon or a rider".

"And you may not alter into one instantly. The transition will happen one month after the mark appears", said Henry while smiling at my reaction.

"Ok" I said whereas taking in all this data for future. I sit there quietly for sometime considering about everything, then inquire what happens now.

"You will enroll within the academy and take classes here, rest i will discuss with David" said Henry.
I nodded calmly but inside my bits are churning.

"You both can stay with me. It's getting late we ought to head towards home" proposed Henry.
Dad concurred whereas i am terrifying to the prospect of living with dragons.

'WONDERFUL' I thought.

.................................................................................

Author's note

Vote.comment.share

Thank you