Chapter 54: Of Gifts and Breathing Trinkets

A/N: If all of you wanna know what Aiden looks like:

(The picture below isn't mine, credits to the one who owns it. I only edited his eyes to turn green since that's Aiden's eye color)

[ Aiden enhanced by Elsa's beauty when they first met ] (I hope you find him handsome because I do 😊)

Happy Reading~
______________________________________

"Now, open."

A flurry of emotions flew through the ice queen's head as she opened her eyes slowly, thinking of the craziest of things of what Aiden could've gotten her. He literally said "You're worth every penny I spent." And the trinket he bought for her could've cost his soul. She loves Aiden with every ounce of love of her heart, but she does not like expensive gifts because in her belief, his presence is the greatest gift she can ever receive. In her own perspective, his kisses can cost diamonds; his embrace cost millions, and his character cost nothing life can offer. He is almost a definite example of both beauty and pain combined, beauty for his actions and (well, that handsome face of his but that's not the main point) and pain for his past.

But what she expected wasn't the present at all.

A room of crystalline walls, crystal made floors. Diamond chandelier on the ceiling; reflections of Anna, Iduna, Agnarr, Olaf, Kristoff and Aiden encased on each mirror like wall.

A statue of the water spirit, the Nokk,  frozen in a majestic gallop stood proudly on the center, the sea's waves defined and sculpted perfectly by whoever the talented sculptor is. Beside it is a customized lilac sofa, confined with white pillows.

Beneath the sofa are dozens of Elsa's favorite books (including books about Geometry) with Sir Jorgen Bjorgen (Elsa's childhood stuffed penguin) resting his fluffed back on the stacks.

And finally, a piano is placed on the corner of the room, since Aiden knew his wife secretly loves to sing, and he could not disagree; he had heard her sing in the shower and it is one of the most mesmerizing things about her.

"... I don't know what to say." Elsa smiled, tears once again stinging her eyes and making those beautiful blue orbs glossy, "This... This is a reflection of Ahtohallan."

Aiden kissed a tear away, "Good thing you noticed. I thought you wouldn't recognize what this room looked like."

Elsa wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a very deep kiss. She pulled away slowly, whispering, "I love it." She grinned.

Aiden hugged her, "You're welcome, darling. This room will be your getaway destination; if ever you get tired of the council, the kingdom, or anything. Even if you get tired of your stubborn husband."

Elsa giggled, kissing the side of his lips, "I'll never get tired of you. In fact, I can't get enough of you." She playfully retorted.

Aiden grinned, "Good to know."

"This makes me wish I could've gotten you a better present." Elsa sighed, leaning against his shoulder.

"I'd love anything you'd give me." Aiden nuzzles his head to her warm neck as he pulled her closer, "But do you know what present I want?"

"Hm, what?" Elsa chuckled, playing along.

"You." He laughed, "All we have to do is put a ribbon on you—" Elsa slapped his shoulder with chuckles of her own, "How do I put the naughty king back in line?" She huffed.

"How, do you propose?" Aiden smiled, randomly digging through his pocket and raising his arm over their heads.

"Why are you—oh you sly dog." Elsa giggled, after looking up. Her gaze dropped once she found a mistletoe in his grasp. Elsa wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning her face closer to his own, "Well, traditions are traditions." She hummed, a playful twinkle in her eye.  

Aiden beamed, "One of my favorite traditions," And with that, he pulled his wife to a momentous kiss beneath the mistletoe.
____________________________________

The Royal Family is enjoying a cozy evening right after having dinner in the fireplace, each couple or pair enjoying each other's company. All of them are wrapped around with thick blankets, avoiding the wild low temperature all except the fire king and the ice queen.

The fire king can heat up himself, thus making an immunity to cold and the ice queen is never bothered by the cold at all since it's her nature.

Kristoff laughed boisterously with Anna, the strawberry blond princess's face flushed with so much laughter, her hands clutching her aching belly with the happiness overdose.

Iduna and Agnarr are quietly sipping some hot cocoa they propped up themselves to, while enjoying occasional cuddles.

Olaf and Sven are currently focusing on a book the snowman had snatched from the royal library's shelves; the reindeer bumping his chin on the hardwood floor in boredom unlike the curious snowman who averted his gaze word after word. Cyra perched on top of Sven's head, completely bored too.

Meanwhile, Aiden and Elsa are just sitting on the couch comfortably, the fire king's arm wrapped around his wife's small body, sipping on his hot cocoa while he read a little book about fencing and swordplay.

Elsa just lay there against him, arms folded and her eyes in a daze.

"Your thoughts, love?"

"Mh?"

Aiden chuckled, "What are you thinking?"

Elsa shrugged, smiling, "Oh nothing, just... Random stuff."

Aiden brushed his nose against hers, "Do you have a problem? You can always tell it to me. My lips are sealed. I promise." He planted a kiss behind her ear sweetly. He can always tell if something's wrong, another one of his special abilities (In Elsa's point of view.)

"I have a question for you, lover."

"Go on."

"How would you feel about your Christmas present?" Elsa questioned.

"Well, snowflake, whatever it is, I'd appreciate and love it. But describe it first, too. But don't reveal it completely."

"Alright. Let's just say it's small, and it has two tiny feet and two little hands. And it's delicately breathing. And you and I created it." Elsa smiled.

Aiden pondered for a moment, his eyes squinting as he did. Elsa laughed at his cute concentrating expression, her hand wrapping around his to disguise her nervousness, knowing that any minute now he can figure it out.

Not until Aiden's breath hitched.

"Snowflake, are you pregnant?"