Fear▪1

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I stared out the sliding door of our new kitchen. I placed the box of dishes down on the countertop and moved over towards the door.

"Mom?" I called out, unsure of what I should do about the growing number of crows.

One would have been fine because then I would have been in the running to meet a Damon Salvatore. But I have a feeling that half a dozen won't bring that type of wonderful news.

I felt my mother walk up beside me. She looked over at the crows gravely before putting a hand on my shoulder. "Let's just get the table set up before the twins and your dad gets back." She instructed, turning me away from the view of the back yard.

I opened my mouth to ask if she was okay, but her expression told me not to press the subject of the murder of crows flocking outside of our house and do as I was told. When my dad first brought up the name Beacon Hills I could tell that my mom wasn't all too fond of the idea of moving here.

And I guess when a silent murder of crows lands outside your new home--you probably feel like you had a point in feeling uneasy in the first place.

Brushing the nonexistent dirt off myself, I walked over towards the newly set up dining room. My gloved fingers curled around the stack of neatly piled plates.

It's not that I didn't like touching things or that I was a germaphobe, it's something a lot more complicated than either one of those. Um, you see...I can cause people to feel fear just by touching them. And that's the reason why I wore gloves on my hands. Not to make a fashion statement.

It all started the day I was six and my first-grade teacher got so scared, she had a heart attack. Now you might be thinking, how in the world is that your fault?

Well. I was the cause of said heart attack.

But I didn't do it on purpose. In fact, I didn't even know it was because of me and neither did anyone else. To everyone else it just looked like she was helping me cross the street and had a heart attack.

Turns out the one mistake she did was something so many of us take as just a simple gesture. She held my hand.

I guess you could say that I was lucky that that accident happened, lucky because I knew never to do it again.

In fact, if it weren't for what the rest of my family is then I'm sure I would have done something a lot worse to someone on accident by now. But no, I got lucky that my dad and older brother are emissaries, and that my mother and older sister are banshees...

Yes, my family consisted of supernatural guidance counselors and the wailing woman of death. I guess you could say we looked a lot more normal on the outside then we actually are on the inside.

My parents noticed how people would feel terrified whenever I would make hand contact with them and thought that I should be more careful.

And I was-- still am-- very careful when I'm around others. I'm not a psychopath and neither is the rest of my family, so we've taken a lot of precaution with what I can do.

The first thing we did was find out what it is that I can do, and it came as quite a surprise when we found out that I couldn't sense other people's impending death. I'm ninety-eight percent sure that only my family would find that odd.

Well after that came the glove wearing, and then finally was getting homeschooled my whole life.

You can most likely imagine why I'm nervous about starting my first day of junior year tomorrow. Don't get me wrong I'm immensely excited at even getting the chance to go back to school again -- but I just hope I don't accidentally scare anyone to death.

Something tells me that would be a bit of a deal breaker when making friends.

✖✖✖✖

A/N:

Finally!!!! I have been randomly thinking of ideas for this story but haven't gotten the chance to write down a chapter till now.

SO, I know this update is short and sorry about that and trust me when I say that I hate short chapters. But anyway I'll have the next full length chapter up whenever I update my other two stories. So yes I'll be updating this once a week on either Friday or Saturday...hopefully.

Well, let me know what you guys think so far of the our nameless heroine, the story idea, or what you think is going to go down in the season.

Thanks a ton for reading...and waiting for your royal procrastinator to update.

~Shazam