Allodoxaphobia▪9

Allodoxaphobia~~Fear of other people's opinions

Evelyn:

A hand shook my shoulder gently, alerting me that I needed to get up. I mumbled a thanks and heard them leave the room before I rose from the bed.

The room not only looked empty but felt extremely foreign to me. Ever since I left with Deucalion and his pack they've made me take the spare room in their penthouse.

I think it's just so they could keep an eye on me at all times.

I rubbed the rest of the sleep from my eyes before I got up and changed. Ethan and Aiden were already waiting outside, and I ended up having to ride with Aiden on his bike this time.

Not that I even had a car or let alone a licence to drive myself anyway. But I still didn't feel that safe on either one of their bikes.

They 'walked' me to my chemistry class and left to theirs, explaining that I wait for them before going to my next class. It left me feeling sick to my stomach at how Sebastian and Ambrosia use to do that. And not to mention I felt sheltered once more.

I took my seat and much to my surprise, and to most likely everyone else's, Miss Blake walked in to substitute. She began speaking but I couldn't help and ignore her.

Not that I wanted to be rude or anything. But a slow and steady pounding started to drum in my head. The room started to seem off balance, causing my vision to blur momentarily.

Before I knew it I felt a warm liquid drip down my nose. I looked down at my desk and noticed the heavy dots of a deep red stained on my arm.

"Oh my god, Evelyn. Are you alright?" Miss Blake was in front of me with a box of tissues in hand. I felt my face go the same shade of the blood as I noticed that everyone was now staring in my direction.

Great as if most of these people don't already think of me as the odd girl who wears gloves all the time, and who's sister just died.

I took a few tissues and nodded my head. "It does that sometimes when I'm stressed. May I please just go to the bathroom to clean up?" I asked politely, trying to keep myself from crying. The truth was that this is the first time my nose has bled.

Maybe it's from having used my fear inducement so much in the past couple of days then I have for my entire life. That's the only reasonable explanation I could think of.

She nodded and I quickly raced out of the classroom, tissue pressed tightly against my nose to avoid anything dripping down my face again.

‼‼‼‼

The school day ended but instead of waiting by my locker for the twins I had to go to the music classroom. The only reason I had received was that Deucalion had something planned for Scott.

My heartbeat raised as I pushed open the classroom doors, the only person in sight was the alpha of the alphas himself. It made me extremely nervous, causing my palms to sweat underneath my gloves.

"Sit." He instructed, before he began tapping his cane rhythmically atop of the piano.

Well this is odd. Nonetheless I did as I was told and waited silently until someone else walked into the classroom.

That person happened to be Scott.

"Do you know what a metronome is, Scott?" The older werewolf asked once the door shut close. "It's a tool to help you maintain a steady rhythm once you've set the tempo. Something tells me the tempo of your life had sped up considerably in the last few hours."