Coimetrophobia▪10

Coimetrophobia~~Fear of cemeteries

Evelyn:

The edges of the picture had begun to from creases and I figured that I should just set it aside. But it was bringing me a sense of comfort and distraction so I couldn't.

It wasn't old at all, in fact it was only taken last year. The damage was actually being formed due to how tightly I had been grasping onto it. Then add the fact that I had been sitting on my bed for close to two hours just staring at it.

Ethan kindly had brought it for me when he had gone with Aiden to get my stuff from my parent's house. Despite Deucalion's efforts the room, and living here in general with them, still felt foreign. Kinda like if you'd stay at a short known acquaintance's' house who lives out of the country.

Only having a picture of my family and I made me realize just how much loneiler I felt along with how much I missed them. Especially Ambrosia.

Kali also came in last night and I could hear her loudly boasting about having gotten Derek to kill one of his betas. Although I've yet to meet him I still couldn't help but feel sorrow for him and the innocent teenager - Boyd - who was the one to have mercilessly been killed.

It must be horrible to not only see someone you cared for die in front of you, but also be the one to physically kill them. Just hearing what happened gave me nightmares. Did I mention that Kali was extremely loud...and descriptive.

A knock came to my door and I looked up just as Deucalion walked in. I tried to keep my heart from jumping out of my chest, but you try sitting in the same room as the self proclaimed 'demon wolf' and do that.

"And what do you have there might I ask."

I looked down at the picture in my hand, hoping that he wouldn't rip it. "It's just a family picture, that's all." The photo was taken the night of my siblings birthday a year ago.

He extended the hand not holding his cane and I obliged by placing the picture in it. Deucalion is blind, not that I'd point out that fact out loud, so I don't know why he's looking at it as if he could actually look at it.

"You haven't gone to go pay your respects have you, Evelyn?" He asked and placed the picture on the dresser he was leaned up against.

I shook my head uneasily. Was this some sort of a trick or test? I mean he was the one who killed her in the first place. "No. I've unfortunately had no time." I verbally answered.

Deucalion paused for a moment before a grin formed on his face. One that scared me more then gave me comfort like I assume it was meant to. "I have nothing planned for you today, so if you want you may go visit your sister."

"Thank you." I replied, knowing that it was better to not question why he was doing something. Especially if that something confused me a ton. "I will just wait for one of the twins to arrive so they can go with me."

"That won't be necessary, Evelyn. If you wish then you can visit the grave of your sister alone." Deucalion told me. Not waiting for an answer he left the room and shut the door behind him.

I sat there staring at the door in confusion. But after a couple of minutes I decided to put on my shoes and jacket before leaving the penthouse.

▪▪

The walk was in no doubt not going to be a short one, but it became much longer when my feet started moving in a different direction then the cemetery.

I let out a tired breath of relief when I finally arrived to the somewhat familiar street. The whole way there I couldn't shake off the semi-scared feeling since... last time I walked I found a dead body.