Chapter 29. Awakened

Start from the beginning

But my mother was alive! Who knows what awful things she's been threw, but she's alive. When I told Michael of that his anger grew. He stepped outside and shifted. Not being able to contain himself.

Jackson had done too much. He needed to die.

The next day, when we were able to tear ourselves away from the cabin, with immense difficultly, we called Thomas, Amy, Brian, Brie, and Jacob to a meeting. When Amy arrived I noticed a mating mark, and the same with Thomas. I hugged them both and squealed. Amy blushed but hugged Thomas happily. About time!

I explained to them everything that I had learned. Thomas was seething with rage, I quickly explained our plan to rescue her. We figured Jackson had my mother captive, but before we went in guns blazing I wanted to test my new found strength.

As we began to spar, it was immediately evident that none of them were a match for me anymore. By the end, I had all of them against me at one time. I wasn't able to beat them on my own, but I was able to fend off every single attack. Everyone was very visibly impressed. Michael beamed with pride before walking over to me and kissing me on my very sweaty forehead.

We discussed the plan of attack on Jackson. We weren't ready to start the war, but I wanted my mother out of his captivity. Thankfully, the others agreed with me, especially Thomas.

Brie and Michael were going to go to a town nearby. Brie pretending to be me, on a honeymoon. To try to lure Jackson out, we figured he wouldn't buy it but hopefully he was curious enough to come check it out. Our packs best warriors would be with them, as well as the alpha and warriors from a neighboring allied pack. Hopefully it would successfully draw Jackson out.

While Jackson was out, Brian, Thomas, Amy, and I were going to sneak into the castle where my mother was most likely being held. I planned to call my father to my dream again to get him to tell us the lay out of the building. Plus anything else he may know that's helpful. Jackson taking residence in my father's old pack definitely had its perks.

We trained as hard as we could for a week. Amy and I made several potions to mask our scent completely, so that no one could smell us at all. I spent many hours in dreamland conversing with my father. He gave me the layout, secret entrances and a few different locations to check. One of those places being the Alpha's quarters.

I had hoped my father would be able to watch over my mother like he was me, but he couldn't. My father said that there was something preventing anyone from seeing her. I tried a spell to see her as well and couldn't. If I had to guess, Jackson had a spell surrounding her.

The day came and we took a plane to land near Jackson's stolen territory. We met up with the other packs alpha and warriors, then went our separate ways. Thomas, Amy, Brian, and I got into position and waited for some sign that Jackson was leaving. Amy cast a spell around the packs border to alert us when someone left.

It took time but eventually someone left, we mindlinked Michael to let him know before taking off through the Silver Moon pack lands. With my father's directions it wasn't hard to find the hidden passageway into the cellar of the castle.

Everything smelled gross, mold and mildew. But we pressed on. We made it quickly to the prison cells on the same level. They were eerily empty. Usually every pack had prisoners, if nothing other than savage rogues.

We made our way through the castle without being spotted. None of the spots my father had said to look had anything of value, meaning my mother. We made our way stealthily to the Alpha's quarters.

Everything in this castle seemed dark and devoid of life. It didn't feel welcoming at all. It was nighttime of corse but we were surprised to not hear even a peep of life. Everything was deadly silent.

We made it to the Alpha's quarters. When we opened the door I saw a sight I thought I was prepared for, but wasn't.

Against the far wall was a woman in chains. She was nothing but skin and bones with wounds and bruises covering her small frame. Her silver hair hung lifelessly in front of her face. My mother. My mother was alive, but nearly beaten to death.

"Mother...." I uttered, barely more than a whisper. The woman's head shot up. Dull sunken in eyes met mine. He face was pale, her entire body looked unbelievably frail, but her eyes when they met mine showed passion. Her eyes watched me in amazement, she almost seemed unable to believe I was real. I was frozen in shock.

Amy walked over to the chains and tried to release them. She even tried with magic but could not get them. Realizing I'd have to overpower Jackson's magic I stepped forward carefully.

I said the words and concentrated solely on the lock. I pushed with more power after a few seconds, I could feel my power raging against Jackson's. Lilith added her strength to mine and finally the locks dropped off. I was exhausted but ecstatic, my power had outdone Jackson's.

Thomas carefully picked up his sister, her body went limp in his arms. I could see the pain in his face though he quickly tried to hide it. We rushed back out of the house as quickly as we could. As we were exciting through the hidden passage I heard a dark chuckle behind me. All of us stopped in our tracks.

"Why go through all this trouble for a traitor like her." A man's voice sneered from where we had just come. He stepped closer and I could see that it was Reed, Jackson's son.

"My mother is not a traitor!" I all but screamed at him. Shock crossed his face, I don't know why, perhaps he didn't expect me to scream?

"She is not your mother." He stated.

"Yes she is!" I scoffed at him. What a weird conversation, I just wanted to bolt out of here, but I didn't want him to attack. I watched him closely to make sure he wasn't mind linking for help.

"The woman in your arms is my mother. She's been locked up for trying to kill me as a baby, my father numerous times, and even herself. She is unstable." He concluded. I could see the sincerity in his eyes.

"Your father is a liar. She is my mother. And we are leaving!" I declared, I said a spell under my breath to temporarily immobilize him. We took off as fast as we could run. Once we were safely out of the pack lands I mind linked Michael.

They hadn't seen Jackson but could faintly smell his scent. They figured he was watching for an opportune time to attack. He quickly called all of the warriors to him before leaving.

We all met back up, I jumped into Michael arms and kissed him passionately, this was the longest we'd been apart since mating. I know it seems ridiculous, but I missed him, I don't feel complete when he isn't by my side. Brian and Brie reacted much the same. I was sure Thomas and Amy would've liked to too but Thomas was still carrying my unconscious mother, and by the looks of it, he wasn't letting her go.

We thanked the other pack for their helped and went our separate ways. Once we were on the plane the days activities started to weigh on me and I fell into a deep sleep. Too deep to even contact my father about the good news, but hopefully he could see for himself now.