Chapter: Kiss and Tell

Comincia dall'inizio

"That was sweet about what you said about Billy," Helga says. She a friend of Florence.

"It's the truth. I wanted to say the truth," I say to her.

"It's good you are admitting your feelings bro," Marvin nods at me. He is siting in front of me.

"Thanks, I'm sorry for being an ass,"

"You were battling your demons," he says. He offers me his hand. "How about we hang out again?" I shake his brown color hand and nod.

Soon everyone is asking me other questions and expressing how they felt. We cried, laughed, and talked about so many things. Soon the school bell rings and everyone says goodbye. Florence walks me to my class.

"See, people are giving you a second chance," she smiles.

"I'm glad, but I'm afriad to fail them."

"Stop worrying," Florence kisses me. "See you in science."

I go in the classroom and my classmates are saying hi to me. It feels good but I am anxious about it. I haven't had people come up to me.

...

As biology ends, Florence decided to be flirty with me.

"Maybe we can go back to my house," she winks.

I let a nervous chuckle, "Umm. I think you're parents will freak out."

"They won't."

The school bell rings and we walk out. Florence grabs my free hand and walks with me. "But I need you baby," she pouts.

"Well baby, I want to talk to my family. They don't know I wrote the letter."

"Fine fine," she rolls her eyes.

We are in the parking lot by now. My eyes keep on wondering for Leslie or even Claire.

"Hey, what are you looking for?" Florence asks. We stop by her car.

"Leslie, I haven't seen her all day. Have you?"

"No."

"Can you drop me off at a bakery?" I ask her.

"Why?"

"Just, can you?"

"Okay."

Florence drives me to Leslie's work place. "Thanks. Call you later."

I get out of the car and into the bakery. I see a old lady behind the counter. "Hi, how can I help you dear?"

"Hi, I'm Derek and I'm Leslie's friend. Is she here?"

"Oh sorry, she doesn't work anymore,"

What? Since when?

"Thanks." I step out. Why hasn't she told me anything? I thought we were cool. Did she fired?

I dial Stan. "Hey, are you with Leslie?"

"No, why? Everything okay?" He asks.

"Can you pick me up?"

"Sorry working remember?"

"Darn, okay, bye."

"Wait what's happening?"

"I think she got fired from her work,"

"Shit, man, hopefully she's okay."

"Yeah, I go home in a bit. We can talk there." I hang up and walk to the nearest bus stop. Hopefully she is okay and at home.