Ryder's First Impressions-5

Start from the beginning

We say our good byes and I quickly find my class with the help of Emma right when the bell rings.

"Close call Alpha." One of my pack members say quietly in front of my.

I chuckled and high-five him. "Well at least I made it. Jace lost track of time talking to his lady to be." Receiving a laugh from him.

I sit down and listen to the beginnings the class. The boring teacher Mister Blaker turns to the door opening.

My head perks up and a intoxicating smell hits me.

I hear Balto howell and whine in my head.

"Mate. Mate!"

Shhhh. Stop.

I look at the beautiful girl that walked in stumbling a little walking to the teacher.

"Oh. Miss Snow. Glad to see you could join us." Mister Blaker says. For some reason it irritated me he was using that tone with her.

She handed him the note and mister Blacker pointed to me. She looked to me and stopped for a second.

She slowly walked to me and sat down not looking at me.

I watched her practically begging for her to look at me while hearing some of my pack members laugh probably knowing what is happening.

Most of them in this class has there mate so they should know.

She seemed to be thinking when she finally glances at me.

I smiled at her, happy.

She is beautiful.

"Oh yeah." Balto agreed.

The rest of that class I watched her. Not in a creepy way, just observing her.

I already found she crinkles her nose when she is trying not to smile cause every time she looked at me she would look away with a smile and crinkle her nose.

It was close to the end of class and she had started to pack up. I stood up with her when she said

"You know you spent your whole first class at this school staring at me." She says to me with the most beautiful voice I have ever heard.

I lightly laugh saying "Yeah. But I think it was worth seeing you peak at me every once in awhile."

"Oh yeah. Cause when a complete stranger just stares at you. You don't look at them at all."

"Ok ok. Good point. My name is Ryder Strong." I say, giving in.

She holds out her hand "Layla Snow."

Layla, Layla snow. Beautiful.

"Actually Layla Strong sounds better." Balto sighs.

I take her hand and I can feel the energy. She smiles at me, this is the best day of my life just because she smiled at me.

I think I would have keep her hand in my if it wasn't for the bell ringing.

She jumped back and pulled her hand away.

It was so cute and I laughed lightly at her reaction.

She turned to me and glare at me, making me instantly stop. I raises my hands up feeling bad. I didn't want to make her feel upset.

She started walking away and I rushed to catch up.

"Hey. Wait up. I'm sorry for laughing." I say catching up to her.

She looks down and I think she is mad till she starts laughing.

"I'm not upset. I was just messing with you. Seeing you have taken a liking to me might as well have a laugh or two." She says giggling.

"So your not mad at me." I ask worried still.

"No. I just met you. But the part where I jumped was real. The glaring was just fun and games." She says and I feel I can breathe again. She has no idea what she just did to me.

We continued walking when she bumped into me getting my attention. "Hey what's your schedule. I can show you around."

"Oh yeah here." I say handing her my schedule paper.

"We have 1,2,4, and 6 together. I can still show you where 3 and 5 are if you want."

"Yeah. That would be awesome. Great. We have a lot of classes together." I was definitely happy.

"Yeah we also have those classes with one of my friends. Her name is Emma. She told me a lot of people came here."

Emma. Isn't that Jace's new mate.

"Yeah my old school closed and half of the people came here and the other half went to the second closes school." I explain not wanting to jump to things.

But it would be great if they were already friends.

I look over to her seeing her with a confused and almost hurt look.

Does she know I just lied?

Author's Notes:

I am not planning on going back and forth between Ryder's and Layla's POV, but stay mainly on Layla's. I thought it would be good to see how they both reacted to each other.

And how Ryder is already lying to her. I mean I know I wrote this but still. Not right. 🤣
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|