Stay Alive Part 19

I pass the warriors three and some guards taking some prisoners to the dungeon. I watch them make their journey to the cells each larger and more disgusting looking than the next. I quickly get to my room and shut the door, I use my magic to watch them from my balcony, ensuring their safe journey.

When they finally get there and I hear Loki say "Odin continues to bring me new friends. How thoughtful," I turn my gaze to look at him and I see that he's talking to Frigga. I'm concerned for her for a split second before seeing she is just an illusion.

"The books I sent, do they not interest you?" Frigga asks, ever the concerned mother. Now all the comforts the room didn't have before make sense, Frigga is always the loving mother.

"Is that how I am to while away eternity? Reading?" Loki asks.

"It's better than other fates you very well could have received," I think to myself.

"I've done everything in my power to make you comfortable, Loki," She says.

"Have you? Does Odin share your concern? Does Thor? It must be so inconvenient them asking after me day and night." He says sarcastically.

"So it's not just me he's being an ass to, alright then," I think shaking my head in disappointment.

"You know full well it is your actions that brought you here," Frigga scolds.

"My actions? I was merely giving truth to the lie I had been feed my entire life. That I was born to be a king." He says turning his back to her.

"A king?" Frigga asks as if to say do you honestly believe what you're saying right now? "A true king admits his faults. What of the lives you took on Earth?"

"A mere handful compared to the number that Odin has taken himself."

Frigga sighs "Your father-"

"He's not my father!" Loki turns to her and yells.

After a moment's pause she asks quietly "Then am I not your mother?"

"You're not," He says after a moment, I can tell this hurts him to say but I can tell it hurts Frigga even more.

She chuckles to cover her pain and says "You're always so perceptive about everyone but yourself," Loki then puts a hand through her outstretched arms and her illusion fades away, he is left alone. He closes his eyes, I hope he knows he just caused so much unnecessary pain to both Frigga and himself.

I go to look for Frigga and find her in her chambers. "May I come in All-mother?" I ask to which she gives me her permission. "I'm sure you already know, but I listened in to your conversation."

"Yes, dear, I do know. Thank you for your honesty though," She says wiping a tear away.

I go and hug her "I am so sorry that Loki has treated you in such a manner. You truly do not deserve the words he has spoken to you."

"It is alright, I know he doesn't mean any of the words he has said. He has caused more pain to himself to than to me, I'm sure," She says holding me at arm's length.

I shake my head in amusement "I don't understand how you do it."

"Do what?" She asks with a small, confused smile on her face.

"You are such a balanced person, not only that you are an excellent queen and All-mother. But above all that, you are the best mother I have ever seen or had. When people like him spit in your face, you just stand there with a smile and that's the worse revenge you give to them. You truly amaze me, Frigga."

The King and The Lionheart (Loki fanfic V:1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें