⊱⊰ 51: After the Fall ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

Eklipta looked at her. Arisa saw the thin marine-green ringlets in its white eyes.

"I can only absorb it once the one holding me has it in their hands," Eklipta replied, its tone calm.

"I see," said Arisa, looking back at her front.

She exhaled. If only she had reached the gem's spot a few minutes before Taurus, then she would have been the one who would have grabbed it. If she only had been faster, then Geb would have been part of Eklipta right now.

"What has happened, has happened," said Eklipta. "You should focus on the next Master now."

"Hopefully it will communicate with us soon," said Arisa with a small smile. "And hopefully we will succeed in capturing it."

The sound of waves filled the silence again as Arisa wondered when the next Master would communicate with them. She hoped that once Caris joined the team, Eklipta would surprise them again with a riddle. As Arisa gazed at the horizon of the ocean, the other part of her that was sad grew stronger. Her vision started to blur. She blinked her eyes a few times to fix her view.

"Something else is bothering you," said Eklipta. "It hasn't been three hours since you fell asleep. Yet you're about to wake up."

Arisa rubbed her eyes. "Is that so?"

"Yes." Eklipta nodded. "You're not only feeling down because you failed your first quest, you're also sad because something terrible happened."

Arisa gazed at the silvery-blue creature in front of her. She blinked her eyes as she couldn't see it properly. She couldn't help but wonder how Eklipta could read her emotions so easily.

"What else happened for you not to have a proper rest?" asked Eklipta.

As Arisa thought of the right words to express her sadness, she felt her heart tighten in her chest. She looked back at the creature by her side.

"I wish I had done something to stop them," she said, feeling her tears burning her eyes.

Eklipta frowned. "Who?"

Before she could say anything, Arisa noticed that her surroundings and the creature had disappeared.

A tear rolled down Arisa's cheek as she slowly opened her eyes. With her head resting on someone's lap, the first thing Arisa saw was a young man with long dark blue hair tied in a low ponytail, sitting on a seat in front of her. Garoh had placed a small pillow on a corner and seemed to be sleeping peacefully.

A little pain spread in Arisa's body as she removed the blanket and tried to have a seat. The marks left from the last battle were still fresh in her body. As she had a seat, she noticed that by Garoh's side, Kazuya had supported his head on the train's window and seemed to be sleeping peacefully too.

You don't have to worry about him anymore. Arisa wiped away a tear as she remembered Kazuya's words. Despite everything that happened between the three of them, she didn't want everything to end this way. She breathed heavily, wishing to have stopped them during that deadly duel.

"Arisa," called a quiet voice by her side. "You're awake."

Arisa gazed by her right side and saw Thelma rubbing her eye.

"Wait," said Thelma, her brows arching, "why are you crying? Did you have a nightmare or is something hurting you?"

"I'm fine, don't worry," said Arisa, signaling her to lower her voice. "It's just that...nothing."