What is love?

What is love?

Love is realistic.
Love is anything but an imaginary wonderland.

Green meadow, white dress, hairs falling on her back, hands in his hands...

Losing him, empty hands, crimson blood, gaping wounds...

She woke up.
The realisation hit her like a slice of knife.
Untill she was weeping, crying badly, tears streaming down in an endless stream.

Her life was now; a colourless spectrum.

"Aina! It's for the best, I know how difficult it is for you but look at you, how old are you? Only 20. How will you spend all of your life alone? Mere jaan, i can't take care of you, or stay by your side for long! I'm old... You and Jahangir...you both are broken ... ek dosry ky zakhmon par marham rakh do"

She remembered what baba said to her the other day.
Him and her?
He was her lalla for crying out loud.
He was her Sikandar's brother.
How could she?
How would she?
A set of angry avanchele of tears poured out of her eyes, hands gripping the baby pink sheets of her bed.
Why Sikandar has to go? Why Sikandar broke his promises?

Kash woh bhi Sikandar ky sath hy mar jati

~

(Die summe unseres lebens sind die stunden, in denen wir liebten..

-the summation of our life is the moments in which we were loving..)

His dark eyes scrutinise the trembling figure beside him, his senses heightened when he heard a small sob.

"Jahangir bhai , Aina bhabi can you both stand up? I swear it's the last picture"
Jahangir let out a cold sigh, standing up from his seat, he saw how the tiny figure beside him struggled with her peach overflowy gown, and on instinct his hands took a hold of her small back.
Glassy turquoise eyes looked up at him with so much emotions, so many accusations.
Fear, hate , sadness...

"Don't touch me"
A mere whisper that only Jahangir heard.
With that, a blinding flash of lense, a cluttering sound was heard.

"Perfect"
His maternal cousin shahzain, muttered under his breath.

Perfect? This was anything but perfect.
An abnormal wedding.
There was no way he could probe the wounds of this little girl; his wife
He felt himself responsible for what happened even though it was preordained.

"Jahangir mere beti ka khayal rakhna"
Feroze said while hugging his daughter closer.

"Hamesha khush rakhon ga"
It was a promise.