She got up to face him.

"Nowhere." She answered simply, Tom narrowed his eyes at her answer.

"I'm not kidding, Granger. Where are we? "

"Nowhere," Hermione replied again, raising both eyebrows as she explained to him.

"Can you answer the question?" His tone increased slightly due to the frustration he was beginning to feel.

"We're, literally, Nowhere." She raised her voice a little, gesturing around. "It's an island."

Tom narrowed his eyes again at her, doubting the credibility of the words coming out of her mouth.

"We are on a small, and I mean very small, island that is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean somewhere near Europe. Apparating without knowing or seeing the chosen destination is really difficult. Naming the place you want to go makes it easier for the wizard or witch to apparate to. When I first came to the island, I only imagined a secluded, safe place that was close to the sea and well, here we are. So I named the island." Hermione explained.

"You mean to tell me that you apparated here blind and then named the island 'Nowhere,' Granger?" Tom asked skeptically and Hermione shrugged. "Such a lack of creativity." He continued and it was Hermione's turn to narrow her eyes at him.

Tom Riddle made a mental note for later. She knows how to apparate. Not only that, she's at an advanced level and knows how to apparate long distance.

He sighed and rolled his eyes as she began to speak, trying to justify herself and explaining that it was not a lack of creativity.

Oh! Sure she's from Gryffindor, she's always trying to make a point.

Tom scratches his ear with his little finger, trying to tell her that he doesn't give a damn about her explanation, that she's talking too much and that her words make him bored at best. But a sound that shouldn't be in this heavenly environment catches Tom's attention. He stared in alarm at the horizon of the beach.

"Shut up." He orders Hermione.

Hermione is about to answer, her tongue itching to say no one tells her to shut up when she hears the sound too. She stops, looking in the same direction that Riddle is looking, hearing the sound approach. Hermione steps forward.

"Granger." Tom calls her, recognising the droning sound that was coming their way.

"Shut up." It's her turn to order.

Riddle takes her wrist with an iron grip, but not in a way that hurts her. It is at that moment the owners of that noise appear. Warplanes, the Luftwaffe, the German Air Force, passing right now over their heads.

Riddle's hand goes from her wrist to her arm, holding tightly while keeping his eyes trained on the planes until they disappear over the horizon.

"They ignored us," he muttered.

"Not interested, essentially because they couldn't see the island."

"What did you do?" Tom asked, his head gesturing at her wand.

"I set up wards and protections," she replied. "Repello Muggletum is one of them."

"What is the extent of the spell?" He asked curiously.

"The whole island?" She arched an eyebrow.

"Fascinating." Tom complimented. Hermione was astounded by the acknowledgement, her eyebrows raised in surprise and her mouth formed a small 'O'. Realising what he had done, Tom soon corrected himself. "Don't be so happy, Granger. I just hope you didn't put us on a war route."